First Elk down!

aGunForEachHand

aGunForEachHand

Congrats! What was the temps/weather like ?
Thanks! It was warmer than expected. Normally this time of year it’s fairly cold and even some snow is possible. This year was mid 50s during the day and 20s at night.

M

mike243

Not sure how I missed this post but big congrats, getting up in age and not sure I have a hard hunt left in me lol, keep at it it will keep you going a lot longer

Specializedjon

Specializedjon

Supporter
Congrats on a successful hunt and a beautiful elk. Thanks for sharing. I'm very familiar with AZ. Northern AZ is gorgeous and FULL of big elk.

LanceS4803

LanceS4803

Not sure how I missed this post but big congrats, getting up in age and not sure I have a hard hunt left in me lol, keep at it it will keep you going a lot longer
If points (or funds) allow, don't put it off.
A good outfitter will ask lots of questions of your abilities, physically and weapon wise. Be honest with them and they can tailor a hunt to meet your needs. I was using a MZ, which they usually didn't do. But when I said to treat me like a bowhunter, that made sense.
I worked my ass off getting in tip-top shape, as I didn't want a physical limitation to keep me from getting to good places. In the end, the actual hunt was not that physically demanding.