First bone starting to show !

chart1300

Bone starting on 2 farms already. I had another pic pic last week and I guess I deleted it.

Attachments

• 8C9EC080-7174-4AE4-BA1D-9EFA03E4B549.png
    8C9EC080-7174-4AE4-BA1D-9EFA03E4B549.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 151

SwampChicken

I had a crazy encounter on opening morning of Turkey here in the mountains. I had seen about 8 deer right after first light and then shortly after a big bodied deer walks out on the ridge and it's a buck in full velvet. I got a couple videos of him, he was a funky ten pointer with split brow tines and the rack looked to be about 70-80% developed as it should in the summer time.

tree_ghost

I had a crazy encounter on opening morning of Turkey here in the mountains. I had seen about 8 deer right after first light and then shortly after a big bodied deer walks out on the ridge and it's a buck in full velvet. I got a couple videos of him, he was a funky ten pointer with split brow tines and the rack looked to be about 70-80% developed as it should in the summer time.
I gotta see that!

redblood

Bet it was a doe

BSK

^^^ Or a cryptorchid buck, where he keeps his velvet and grow antlers constantly until he dies. Many times these bucks behave like does.

This.

Or you just saw Nature experimenting. Over time, Nature gets around to trying everything. That's how species fine-tune themselves to their environment.

redblood

^^^ Or a cryptorchid buck, where he keeps his velvet and grow antlers constantly until he dies. Many times these bucks behave like does.

Cryptorchids in cattle still produce adequate levels of testosterone and have normal libidos typically. Just much lower fertility due to sperm cells being stored at 2 high of a temperature. Odd that it affects deer much more dramatic fashion

Latest posts