• Help Support TNDeer:

Firearms Types (Pistol, Rifle, SBR, AOW, WTF?)

Wiley

Pretty accurate but it really depends on the day the interpretation is given. Mondays, the day after a federal holiday, agent hangover day, etc can cause UGE differences in interpretation. And who be yo daddy make a diff'ence, too.

Primary

Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

LanceS4803

I once had a long conversation with an ATF agent about how what I did, and was doing, was completely legal. (Manufacturing a SBR and transporting NFA across a state line.)
Let's just say I was talking to the wall, for as much good as it did.
In the end I was right, and had crossed every T and dotted every I, legal in every respect. He just didn't know the law.

Wildcat

Laugh all you want but if David Chipman becomes head of the BATF then Macael Bloomberg's gun facts will be the facts the BATF goes by., not the real facts. The BATF will become the enemy of all law abiding gun owners.

Wiley

Laugh all you want but if David Chipman becomes head of the BATF then Macael Bloomberg's gun facts will be the facts the BATF goes by., not the real facts. The BATF will become the enemy of all law abiding gun owners.
And they REALLY want our medical records to see what scripts they can use against us. Taking a sleep aid? Lots of those are anti-depressants. Guess what?

MUP

Supporter
They started down that road when they re-defined bump stocks, IMO. ( I know BB, Trump initiated it). Glad it was overturned.

LanceS4803

And they REALLY want our medical records to see what scripts they can use against us. Taking a sleep aid? Lots of those are anti-depressants. Guess what?
Washington state's I-1639 already does this. You are required to waive your right to medical confidentiality in order to purchase a pistol or "assault rifle". FYI, by their law pistol also includes revolvers, and assault rifle includes 10/22s.

Do Washington’s background check requirements violate privacy protections for firearms purchasers’ medical information such as HIPAA?

No. Under Washington law, a signed application to purchase a pistol constitutes a waiver of confidentiality and written request that the Health Care Authority, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities release, to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency, information relevant to the applicant's eligibility to purchase a pistol. Effective July 1, 2019, that waiver of confidentiality provision is expanded to include applications to purchase a semiautomatic assault rifle.

Latest posts