Finding turkeys

ImThere

Ok guys I'm going to turkey hunt this year for the first time.
New public land, new state. Limited time in the woods. All hunting stops at 1(I think) so give me your best advice? I have several large tracts of public land near me. I have not been able to find turkey kills per wma to tell me if these spots even have turkeys. Though it's listed as a species to hunt on the wma.
Whatcha got?

Chiflyguy

Ok guys I'm going to turkey hunt this year for the first time.
New public land, new state. Limited time in the woods. All hunting stops at 1(I think) so give me your best advice? I have several large tracts of public land near me. I have not been able to find turkey kills per wma to tell me if these spots even have turkeys. Though it's listed as a species to hunt on the wma.
Whatcha got?
I don't think the 1 pm applies here in Tennessee.
I had the same in Illinois.
The only advice is get into the woods and learn.
I've yet to kill one myself but love goin.
As a matter of fact gonna head out soon and owl call where I hunt.

ImThere

Guys.
I guess I didn't proof read. Lol.
I moved to Al recently. This will be my first year hunting here I have killed my limit in Tn for the last 20 years on public land.
I seen turkeys during deer season so I knew they were there. In this situation I have never been to any public land here. I was curious if there is some way to find out if there is turkeys on a certain public land. How would one quickly determine hunt here or move on?

timberjack86

Guys.
I guess I didn't proof read. Lol.
I moved to Al recently. This will be my first year hunting here I have killed my limit in Tn for the last 20 years on public land.
I seen turkeys during deer season so I knew they were there. In this situation I have never been to any public land here. I was curious if there is some way to find out if there is turkeys on a certain public land. How would one quickly determine hunt here or move on?
Change your location 🤣 it says your in Lewisburg still!

ImThere

Go out at day light and hit an owl call on a ridge or somewhere high up and listen. Try a crow call at dusk. Also I'm from the bear creek area myself (Phil Campbell, actually) you'll probably find birds.
What's up with Phil Campbell? Get rid of at least one of those dam stop lights!! Preferably both after the school!!! You still down here?

Latest posts