Finding Mature Bucks

BSK

Coach said:
I'm not familiar with the word "recruitment" in this context...

Recruitment in this context is the advancement of fawns into the adult population (a deer is considered an "adult" on their first birthday). This year's yearling adults are last year's fawns that were "recruited" into the adult population over the summer (experienced their first birthdays and became adults).

BSK

Deck78 said:
Oh, I first encountered him the 1st of November in 2010 and this year he showed up a week and a half earlier than in 2010. Any correlation there???

I've seen some rut ranging-shifting bucks that are so regular in their range-shifting timing that they first show up on camera on the exact same date three years in a row.

Pursuit Hunter

BSK said:
Coach said:

Recruitment in this context is the advancement of fawns into the adult population (a deer is considered an "adult" on their first birthday). This year's yearling adults are last year's fawns that were "recruited" into the adult population over the summer (experienced their first birthdays and became adults).
I think I became an adult when I got recruited too. One of the better decisions I've made. Semper Fi.

Treestand Troubadour

Pursuit Hunter said:
BSK said:
Coach said:

I think I became an adult when I got recruited too. One of the better decisions I've made. Semper Fi.

so since i never went into the service does that make me a fawn, or a button buck?

Latest posts