Finally Started!!!!

lpo1981

The loggers finally showed up yesterday and started logging my 6 acre area. Hopefully it won't be to late when they get done to get some trees replanted. I have small feet size 7 but for reference this is the size of the timber on the back side of this ridge all mostly poplar. Hopefully clear cutting this and letting it grow thick with the trees I'm planting will improve my habitat and hunting in the future years.
204A787A-DFF9-45F9-A9AF-9DB63C148501-2131-000002785E0C7B1D_zps7f23be93.jpg
[/img]

lpo1981

Question: I'm doing this to create some cover for the deer since I have zero on my property.. Should I try and remove some of the tree tips that are left to open up the forest floor or should I just leave them lay. I have an outdoor woo furnace so obviously the bigger limbs left will be coming out for firewood. Just looking for some input..

lpo1981

Jarred525 said:
I'd leave them laying. Deer love to bed up in the treetops. Will give them some cover until everything else starts growing up.
That's what I was thinking. Will they be able to navigate the mess of tree tops or will it discourage them until they start to rot down?

timberjack86

lpo1981 said:
Jarred525 said:
I'd leave them laying. Deer love to bed up in the treetops. Will give them some cover until everything else starts growing up.
That's what I was thinking. Will they be able to navigate the mess of tree tops or will it discourage them until they start to rot down?
Absolutley. I see deer forageing and investigating my work all the time.

Latest posts