Finally onboard today

Vince

Finally shot a spike today. Didn't know if it was a buck or doe when I took the shot; if brown, then down was my mission.

Couldn't go hunting as much as I wanted to, due to travel until Thanksgiving and then so many overlapping events every weekend since Thanksgiving. Finally got a couple of hours this Tue afternoon. Jumped 3 deer right before I got in the blind at 1.30pm and then 4 does ran by after I just settled. No ethical shot offered. Then no deer seen until sunset. Went yesterday afternoon from 2.45pm and nothing seen until sunset. Went today at 12.15 pm and saw 2 deer around 3.40pm but no shot offered. They were just fooling around and I could see their ears and tail. Then another one walked by around 4pm and I took the shot as soon as it cleared tree line. I didn't even check if buck or doe before I shot, since I hadn't punched any tag this year. Fell over right there. Was a spike. Got my sled, got it in car. Friend came to help with gutting and skinning at home and by 8pm, we were done with everything….

Thank Lord for the good times in this farm. This place is where three years ago I got to break my 7 year dry run without seeing a deer. This little farm I go to is nearing its end for hunting. A good % of land has been cleared this year from urbanization. All that's left is a small stretch of woods and will be gone in one or two years.

Vince

Great job man! I've lost many great spots in Williamson Cty due to development, I feel your pain.
Thank you.

Agree, buildings everywhere in Williamson County. This farm is in Columbia, Maury county. Even that place isn't far enough now and subdivisions and construction everywhere. I dont know if even owning land helps, since the land around will be developed - there is no stopping urbanization. Else would need to own huge tracts and at today's prices, can't make it happen...Even Marshall county isn't too far away from Nashville these days.

Latest posts