Finally on the board!

TNReb

I bet I've seen 100 deer this year. Finally gave up horn hunting and committed to shooting a doe.

Well.. once I decided that I didn't see a deer for 6 straight trips!

Had four does playing peek-a-boo with me this morning and one finally gave me a broadside shot about 180-200 yards.

She was hit hard but she ran a little. I couldn't see where she went down but I'm pretty sure she didn't go far.

First deer I've pulled the trigger on in 2 years.

Also killed 2 coyotes at daybreak!

I've still got 2 rounds left so I'm giving it another hour to see if the others return. :D

TNReb

Well, she only ran about 15 yards. I just didn't see her fall. She was also a little smaller than I thought she was, but it's hard to judge when they're all the same size. On a positive note, I made a good shot. That's always reassuring after a long dry spell.

0fb1a7f3afa9883a37c6cc7d484ca28c.jpg
52c55fcd2fc3796f3155b770542138e3.jpg

Hunter 257W

Congratulations on the doe and 2 coyotes! It's hard to beat a morning like that to me. I love the view in that creek - sure wish I had a creek on my property.

TNReb

Hunter 257W":cf8y3r96 said:
Congratulations on the doe and 2 coyotes! It's hard to beat a morning like that to me. I love the view in that creek - sure wish I had a creek on my property.
It's not my property but I'm lucky to be able to hunt it. Only bad part is after a good rain, that creek is too high to cross! (I almost found that out the hard way!)

There's an easement on the back side but I don't use it during deer season because because the farmer doesnt like me taking a vehicle back there and rutting up his field.

There actually two creeks... Great for cooling your feet in turkey season!
238b7c6650515b2fa54b715bfeeab3a8.jpg

5c59b88c8d098982486c06d6482c6b1a.jpg

74MOPAR

Congrats on a great morning!Don't want to side track this thread but how do you like the Polaris ? I've only owned Honda four wheelers but I do have a 2013 rzr 800 that does pretty well.

TNReb

74MOPAR":jb2rj3k3 said:
Congrats on a great morning!Don't want to side track this thread but how do you like the Polaris ? I've only owned Honda four wheelers but I do have a 2013 rzr 800 that does pretty well.
When I was trying to decide what to by, almost everyone said to get a Honda.

I didn't listen, and I love the Polaris. I bought a 2015 with 50 hours on it, and the only problem I've had is that the electronic fuel gauge quit working. That's annoying, but doesn't bother me because I don't ride for hours at a time anyway. I just fill it up and home and don't have to worry about it.

I'm going to take it to Polaris and get it serviced after the season and I'll have them check it out then.

csi-tech

Nice work. My buddy still has a buck tag. I was hoping he'd go again and I'd tag along and call in coyotes and break in my new AR-15. I'd have to be wayyyy on the other side of the property I imagine.

Mike Belt

I had a spring fed creek like that I used to have to cross when I hunted out of Lawrenceburg. It had a rock bottom that was slicker than owl snot and it was just deep/shallow enough to cross while semi floating at the same time. A couple of times I started washing down stream. Every time I crossed it my pucker factor went up, lol.