Finally on the board!

TNReb

Mike Belt":ztsa5pij said:
I had a spring fed creek like that I used to have to cross when I hunted out of Lawrenceburg. It had a rock bottom that was slicker than owl snot and it was just deep/shallow enough to cross while semi floating at the same time. A couple of times I started washing down stream. Every time I crossed it my pucker factor went up, lol.
Yep! The rock bottoms make it tough.

Last year I was crossing it in my truck. I thought it was about knee deep. WRONG!

As soon as my truck went in the creek water splashed up to the hood and I had a serious "oh ****" moment. With the slick bottom, I couldn't get any traction and the water started pushing me sideways.

In this creek, if you go off to either side more than a few feet, you can't get up the bank.

Luckily I made it across without hurting my truck (I can't believe water didn't come through the doors).

There was no way I was going to drive back across it. I walked out the back side of the property across the easement and called my wife to come get me. I left my truck there for 2 days waiting for the water level to fall.

Latest posts