Finally killed one in true hunting fashion.

Hardwoodmaterials

On the 4th me and my oldest son(8) decided to chance the evening rain and hunt. We got to where we were going and I set us up a piece of camo material and brushed it in some. I had it so my son could see and shoot 300+ degrees around us looking at 2 fields and a wooded strip between them. The only thing behind us where he couldn't see was a steep creek bank, train tracks, farm road and about a 15ft wide strip of thicket between the tracks and farm road. We got set up and was there about 30 minutes in the drizzling rain and he wanted his drink so I turned around and got his drink out of my pack and looked behind us good and didn't see anything. A minute later I turned to put his drink back and there stood a 7 point in the small thicket. I tried to get my son in position to shoot and as deer hunting usually seems to go the deer was in the only spot he couldn't see at all and with all the movement the deer spotted us. It turned and started back where it came from and my son told me shoot it and not let it get away so I did. He done a great job of tracking it while I was packing our stuff up. He was excited and had a thousand questions while we field dressed the deer. He was ready to go hunting again before we got the deer loaded up.

Attachments

• Evan with deer.jpg
    Evan with deer.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

Latest posts