Finally headed for Alberta whitetail

tree_ghost

Heck of an adventure. Wish you would have gotten that ok'd monarch but that's hunting I guess…really enjoyed following along. Thanks for allowing us too!

DoubleRidge

What an excellent write up....thanks for sharing your experience and your detailed gear list..... really enjoyed following the updates each day...and the pics you shared are great.... appreciate it.

Good time Charlie

Wow, I have enjoyed your journey, and you have a good attitude about some things. I would have blown a fuse on some of them baggage mix-ups. Maybe one day you can go back,,,, I did enjoy your writing

Chief44

For a point of reference for the forum what was the cost for this trip if you don't mind sharing?
The hunt it's self cost $4950. That includes meals, lodging and license. My airfare round trip was $820. Then we had 2 nights in hotel, one on either end of the trip. That ran a little over $100 a night. I paid one night and buddy paid the other. There we're some misc travel expenses (food, snacks, extra check bag fee etc.) and a few items I bought when we stopped at store on the way to the lodge. I tipped my guide 10% of the hunt cost plus food was so good, I tipped the cook $100. All in all I think I had a little over $6500 in it, not counting the clothing and gear I bought. One thing to look for when booking a hunt like this is to make sure there are no extra charges for the size deer you kill. This outfitters hunt cost is the same wether you kill a 150" deer or a 200" deer. No hidden fees.

fairchaser

The hunt it's self cost $4950. That includes meals, lodging and license. My airfare round trip was $820. Then we had 2 nights in hotel, one on either end of the trip. That ran a little over $100 a night. I paid one night and buddy paid the other. There we're some misc travel expenses (food, snacks, extra check bag fee etc.) and a few items I bought when we stopped at store on the way to the lodge. I tipped my guide 10% of the hunt cost plus food was so good, I tipped the cook $100. All in all I think I had a little over $6500 in it, not counting the clothing and gear I bought. One thing to look for when booking a hunt like this is to make sure there are no extra charges for the size deer you kill. This outfitters hunt cost is the same wether you kill a 150" deer or a 200" deer. No hidden fees.
For comparison, the cost hasn't changed much in the last 20 years. Maybe an extra $1000. Not bad. Still I've got $15-20k invested in a booner whitetail. Worth every penny. Just don't tell the wife.

Latest posts