Finally got to look

Shed Hunter

Made the best of this weekend. I've found one other shed this spring on a brief walk behind my house. I got an opportunity to look and still have way too many deer to try and find. Wide deer is 25 3/4 inside and 27 outside. Haven't measured matching set but I'm sure the bigger side is over 75" 13 total points and he's a 2.5-3.5 year old

Attachments

• 51FC7BD1-330F-4E11-9588-F62DD1716A54.jpeg
    51FC7BD1-330F-4E11-9588-F62DD1716A54.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

Shed Hunter

I taped him out. 163.25 with a 17" spread which is likely shy "probably 18"" from the trail cam pics and he's also chipped off over an inch of his biggest beam

Volbuck777

I'm guessing that you're searching on public. 3 dead heads makes me think a lot of bad shooting. If you found 3 I can't imagine what you didn't find. But you're obviously great at shed hunting. I've only found 3 sheds ever. Congratulations by the way I'd be stoked to find what you did, just hate it for whoever is losing those bucks after the shot.

Shed Hunter

I'm guessing that you're searching on public. 3 dead heads makes me think a lot of bad shooting. If you found 3 I can't imagine what you didn't find. But you're obviously great at shed hunting. I've only found 3 sheds ever. Congratulations by the way I'd be stoked to find what you did, just hate it for whoever is losing those bucks after the shot.
The middle deer died of old age. Left was a hunter and I think I know who but he said it was a clean miss and didn't bother looking so I'm keeping it. The other was public land in the thickest stuff you could imagine

backyardtndeer

Nice finds. Have found a total of 3 sheds ever on our farm and 2 dead heads just off our farm on neighbor. I walk and try to hunt for them every year though.

waynesworld

I have never hunted for them. Is there a trick to finding them? I am not looking for large ones but found out that they make good dog chews. All the ones I have shot has always just tossed or given to neighbor who would burry and make scull things from.

Shed Hunter

I have never hunted for them. Is there a trick to finding them? I am not looking for large ones but found out that they make good dog chews. All the ones I have shot has always just tossed or given to neighbor who would burry and make scull things from.
I walk fast and cover a lot of ground. Nowadays I try and find just the big ones as many as I have but even those I'm sure I miss occasionally. Pretty much focus on any bedding and food. I like hardwoods too but they aren't as easy to spot if they are dark colored

Latest posts