Finally got one!!

Tweeter

Over 10 years ago I tried to buy one and my ex wife raised enough hell I did t buy one but since bought 3 new model A5, but today I bought a original light 12 jap model with chokes! Oh how it shoulders!!! Can't wait to shoot some doves, wood ducks/teal and it will go on a quail hunt or 2!
70744630367__B94426ED-FEDC-4916-8D67-4155F1024F58.jpeg

vonb

A Browning Light 12 lit the fire in me in 1980 as child going hunting for the first time. That shotgun started my lifelong passion of hunting, shooting and the outdoors. To me, there is no finer autoloader made before or after the A-5. Today's shotguns have too much plastic, sheet metal and alloy in them to be considered heirloom quality. You picked a good one. Enjoy it.

Tweeter

A Browning Light 12 lit the fire in me in 1980 as child going hunting for the first time. That shotgun started my lifelong passion of hunting, shooting and the outdoors. To me, there is no finer autoloader made before or after the A-5. Today's shotguns have too much plastic, sheet metal and alloy in them to be considered heirloom quality. You picked a good one. Enjoy it.
Do I have to change anything to shoot "hi brass"?

Union Co. Boy

Do I have to change anything to shoot "hi brass"?
It depends on what the rings are set for. There are two different ring configurations. One is for heavy loads, and one is for light loads. If it is set for heavy loads, it will have trouble cycling light loads. If set for light and you shoot a heavy load, it will kick like a mule! You have to disassemble to gun to change the rings. Go online and look it up and, if possible, print off a diagram of the configurations. Pay close attention to the bevel on the smaller, solid ring and make sure that it is pointed in the appropriate direction. Both rings will be together in one configuration, and in the other they will be on opposite ends of the recoil spring if memory serves me correctly. I've been shooting Browning A5's since I was 5. Killed my first two squirrels one evening with a Light 20 in Kentucky with my dad at that age. I can't say enough about the quality of these guns. My son will be the third generation to use them and they still function as flawlessly as the did when my dad bought them used in the 60's. Best of luck to you and congratulations on an iconic firearm. PM me anytime with any questions you may have and I'd be glad to attempt to assist. I hope this helps!!!

stick1

Over 10 years ago I tried to buy one and my ex wife raised enough hell I did t buy one but since bought 3 new model A5, but today I bought a original light 12 jap model with chokes! Oh how it shoulders!!! Can't wait to shoot some doves, wood ducks/teal and it will go on a quail hunt or 2! View attachment 180959
Nice find. That's why they're called exwives👍

ScLowCountry

I have an A5 magnum 12 from the early 60s. My grandfather about wore it slap out. It's not nearly as pretty as that gun.

The friction rings are a pretty cool concept.

Nice gun, hope you can fill the freezer with it

Latest posts