FINALLY found the leak

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This has been the strangest thing I have ever dealt with.
After about 6 hours on the water there would be around 30 gallons of water in my boat.

Being riveted and being a 1985 model boat some water is to be expected but it has NEVER leaked like this. Normally I would get a couple gallons, leave it in there and when I got home I would find the spot it was dripping from, put a little JB Weld on that rivet and all is good again.
This time with 30 freaking gallons of water in it I would bring it home, put it in the garage and have ZERO drips on the concrete.

I finally started seeing a little at the front of the "guard" that is attached at the V of the boat.
My thinking was it was running into this guard and then coming into the boat somewhere else.
The other day I got under there and put a healthy dose of JB Weld on the front of the guard.
After I got done I was just laying there looking around and all of a sudden the spot I just "fixed" dripped. :mad:

Upon further investigation I saw a little bitty spot that was dripping.
Well might as well fix that too while I am here.
Jacked the trailer up as high as it would go so it would stop dripping so I could fix it.
Kept waiting and waiting but it would never stop.
Hmmm, I will go get me a toothpick and jam it in there, break it off, then before it gets wet again I can put the JB Weld on it.
I couldn't get but the very end of the toothpick in there, not even up to the thick part.
Got what I could in there, broke it off and then tried to put the JB Weld on.
Nope, still dripping. :mad:

So I went to the shop and my plan was to get a screw, put it through a thin piece of rubber and then screw it in there and cover it with JB Weld.
After about a freaking hour I found a screw. :rolleyes:

When I put enough pressure on the screw to hold it before pulling the trigger on the driver it went all the way in, up to the head. :eek:
I pulled the screw out and that's when I found "the leak".
There was a hole bigger than a BB in it.

Jacked the boat up again, let it drain till dry then slapped the JB Weld on it.
I didn't let it set but about 12 hours and went fishing the next morning.
That fixed it. :D

I guess there is all kinds of leaves, sticks, wood chips, whatever in there and when I would get home some kind of debris would cover the hole and wouldn't let it drip out but it sure let water in while on the water. LOL

Just glad to finally find the little bastage.

Latest posts