Finally came in

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ordered another Pflueger President and this time I got a 6'9" med action duckett green ghost spinning reel.
Going to use it for my whacky worm and ned rig fishing.
Always used a baitcaster before. This should be cool.
Ordered it on May 5.
Reel got here day before yesterday and the rod showed up yesterday.

If I don't change my mind I am going to rig it with 30# braid and a 15# fluro leader.

GHOST.jpg

Crow Terminator

Those are pretty good rods for the $. I've got a few of them and trying some of the Duckett crappie rods out now. Duckett Crappie Slayers. I bought the 6'4 one and dad got one in 6'. So far so good. My first fish on mine was a 15 lb striper...surprise fish and on 2# test line too.

SES

Ordered another Pflueger President and this time I got a 6'9" med action duckett green ghost spinning reel.
Going to use it for my whacky worm and ned rig fishing.
Always used a baitcaster before. This should be cool.
Ordered it on May 5.
Reel got here day before yesterday and the rod showed up yesterday.

If I don't change my mind I am going to rig it with 30# braid and a 15# fluro leader.

View attachment 74375
Thought you were done with braid?

Sako

those are some really good reels as well... I have them on all my lite weight setups... have a few of larger ones as well. 10 ball bearings... very smooth

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Thought you were done with braid?
After reading all the comments from my other thread, I removed about half of what I had on the spool and it performs much better now.
I still haven't seen the great gain in sensitivity that everyone talks about, but I do like it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
those are some really good reels as well... I have them on all my lite weight setups... have a few of larger ones as well. 10 ball bearings... very smooth
Yep, I love them.
They quit making the one I had on all my bream rods and I am slowly replacing them all with presidents now.
I have 4 so far, three different sizes and I like them alot.

Hduke86

I don't see how you ever used baitcaster setups for whacky or ned rigging. I can't "feel" the bait right unless it's on a spinning rod setup. I feel like I can finesse it better that way on the lake bed and forget about me trying to fling one in tight quarters with a baitcaster setup cause I'd miss my target 8 of 10 times lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ruger, what are you using as far as bream rods.
My favorite and go to is the joker.
Sniper made it for me.
7 1/2' fast tip with enough backbone to set the hook good and deep, rarely do I miss a fish with it.

I have 3 Diawa Laguna rods, couple different lengths that are VERY good, light and sensitive rods that I really like alot.
The other 3 or 4 rigs I have are all Berkley Cherrywoods.

All either have Pflueger Presidents or another Pflueger that I can't remember the name of right off. They don't make them anymore though. :(
They were much better than the Trion's that they sell now. I have a couple of those as well.