Field and Stream and Outdoor Life Magazines

Antler Daddy

Supporter
I just realized that I am no longer receiving the magazines in the mail.

Evidently, they are now only digital (online)???

TNGunsmoke

Not sure about digital only, but one of them went to 6 issues a year and the other went to 4. I cancelled my subscription to both at that time. I paid for 11 issues a year when I subscribed, that is what I wanted. I realize it is their prerogative to change things, but it is mine to let them know my displeasure in their decision by not renewing.

BlackBelt

I kept both subscriptions.
Yes there were fewer magazines but the ones they sent were a lot thicker and had tons more content.
I still get Backwoodsman magazine and Fur Fish and Game even though they have also changed the number of issues. The content is still incredibky good.

poorhunter

When I was a kid my parents gave me a subscription to Outdoor Life for like ten years, and I kept every issue and read them over and over. When I left for college my mom threw them all in the trasho_O. I was mad, but she was my mom so I got over it.

mike243

I quit getting them when the grandkids were little, sex aid ads in the back of it turned me off, never had that junk in them while I was growing up. some things I can control others I cant. I wanted them to read the story's and see the pictures that helped spark my interest in the outdoors, didn't need the other trash and ? I don't want to deal with a little kid

CATCHDAWG

I kept both subscriptions.
Yes there were fewer magazines but the ones they sent were a lot thicker and had tons more content.
I still get Backwoodsman magazine and Fur Fish and Game even though they have also changed the number of issues. The content is still incredibky good.
You sir, have excellent taste in reading material!

Wrangler95

I used to get,Field and Stream,Outdoor Life,Fur Fish and Game,The Trapper,Tennessee Sportsman,Deer and Deer Hunting,North American Whitetail Turkey Country and American Hunter.I now only get American Hunter thru the NRA.

DoubleRidge

As a kid I grew up reading Outdoor life, Field & Stream....then later added Fur,Fish&Game.....I can remember getting a new issue and not putting it down until I had read everything...... today the only magazine I get is North American Whitetail...... another info packed magazine is Eastman's....tons of information for hunters who travel west.

PalsPal

Surprised they lasted in print as long as they did. Those who prefer print are up in years and dwindling quickly, not only because they are passing but because they are also becoming more tech savvy.

We now have YouTube etc to feed our outdoor appetites during off-season.

Antler Daddy

Supporter
Surprised they lasted in print as long as they did. Those who prefer print are up in years and dwindling quickly, not only because they are passing but because they are also becoming more tech savvy.

We now have YouTube etc to feed our outdoor appetites during off-season.
You may be correct, but it is just a shame to lose them.