Food Plots Fertilizer... OUCH

tnanh

Broadcst my seed last Sun.. went to land yesterday and got 4.5 inches since Sunday. Probably got another 2 inches from right before dark yesterday and is raining now. Germination was good on crimson clover, just ok on wheat and rye cereal. This is North of Linden.

JCDEERMAN

Broadcst my seed last Sun.. went to land yesterday and got 4.5 inches since Sunday. Probably got another 2 inches from right before dark yesterday and is raining now. Germination was good on crimson clover, just ok on wheat and rye cereal. This is North of Linden.
Hoping we got what you got. Wheat and rape were booming. Cereal rye and crimson was doing ok. Figured it'd be the opposite, however the wheat and rape were drilled instead of broadcasted.

backyardtndeer

Seems like when I started putting in plots over 20 years ago, that fertilizer and lime were under $5 a bag. I really need to put down some 6-12-12 on my clover. Gotten pretty ridiculous how high it is now.

megalomaniac

We've gotten 1.41" Friday through today. Certainly needed it too.
Wow, I was so jealous of west of Nashville Wed and Thurs...

But yesterday and today, we got 5in on my farms east of Nashville!

Hope it wasn't too much to wash the fertilizer off before it soaked it!

megalomaniac

9.5 in total rain...

2 of my plots had standing water in them for 6 days. That's 3 acres that have to be replanted
The big 8ac field and another plot are high. Got great germination in both of them.

Just going to broadcast cereal rye and crimson clover in the failed plots just before next rain in an attempt to salvage them.

Latest posts