Fentress, Pall Mall Birds

Leadnfeathers

Birds are tight lipped havent heard a gobble in 3 sits but have had birds come in silent and out of range, its hard to position when they wont respond, is this due to predators? Aint heard a shock gobble or even one off a roost...any thoughts?

megalomaniac

#1 influencer of decreased gobbling activity is hunting pressure.

I also think birds have different personalities, and the more vocal birds are killed early season, leaving the less vocal birds as the only ones left.

3 sits without a gobble isn't much to go on tho. I've hunted 22 or 23 days in MS since I've heard a gobble. And there are still birds here.

Last hunt of the season for me today. Still hoping one fires up. Gonna be a long 10.5 months till next spring.

Lots of folks have noticed decreased gobbling activity in TN as well. I spent 12 of the first 16 days of TNs season in the field. Roost gobbling activity was normal, but down 90% from years past once their feet touched the ground.

LenS

I've hunted my place in TN since 2000. This is hands down the worst ground gobbling ever. The birds hit the ground and just completely shut up.

I've hunted our family farm in MO since 1992. This year was unlike any we've ever experienced. No gobbles were heard on the roost anytime. I don't know what is going on but I am starting to be concerned for the future of turkey hunting.

Latest posts