Feeding Patterns Changing?

landman

Since yesterday I've seen and talked with several that are know seeing Green Field heavy feeding, lets face it even we would get tried of steak all day every day.

Many are now seeing heavy feeding in clover/oats/wheat, even radish plots, I watched 26 different deer hit a field yesterday morning. Granted some started on white oak acorns at one end, but most spend 30 minutes to 1 hour in the wheat/clover mix. I checked other fields and found wheat/oats now tops clipped off, that wasn't like that Tuesday.

This year seems to be on a 30 early cycle, corn planted earlier,
roasting ears first of June instead of July, etc. Guys are seeing hard fighting of buys, more scrapes, some chasing of does, and colder weather.

I know all thats on here is acorns,acorns,acorns, but looks like it may have started changing

TCounty Hunter

I have had a plotwatcher cam over my food plot for the last week. Monday thru Thursday last week nothing was using the plot. Friday and Saturday there was good activity morning and evening in the plot.

Savage

Jimmy,

Yall may be further ahead, but I saw four bucks together in a summer group on Saturday. However, I also found a scrape that was worn pretty good.

I am going to predict a long, sporadic rut, where you really cant put your finger on an exact week of heavy movement. Dont be suprised to see chasing the last week of October thru the middle of December.

REM7

Savage said:
Jimmy,

Yall may be further ahead, but I saw four bucks together in a summer group on Saturday. However, I also found a scrape that was worn pretty good.

I am going to predict a long, sporadic rut, where you really cant put your finger on an exact week of heavy movement. Dont be suprised to see chasing the last week of October thru the middle of December.

My thought also. Weather gonna get cold quick.

Boll Weevil

With exeception of 1 cam, all mine are now on greenfields until I start finding reliable community scrapes to move them to. Lots of does and small bucks in them at all hours of the day but did get a real good shooter on one last week.

It was still under cover of darkness, but that's the first time I've seen him so far.

BSK

I've not seen much activity on the plots at all. So little I started moving cameras off plots trying to find where the deer are.

Latest posts