Federal TSS Ammo

rbreedi1

Figured some of you would be interested in seeing this... There is an article showcasing Federal Grand Slam, Federal 3rd Degree, and Federal HeavyWeight TSS located on page 94 of the Jan/Feb NWTF Magazine which is available to view online now on their website. It says all loads will come with the new Flite Control Flex Wad. They mention 18 g/cc as density and the box shows No 7 shot but they also mention that a #9 Federal TSS has the same knockdown as #5 lead at all ranges. So I'm assuming they will have #7 and #9. No mention of anything in between.

SKFOOTER

I don't roll my own and I'll still stick with Apex over Federal. If they'd get rid of that flight control wad they'd have a much better patterning turkey load.

PickettSFHunter

The wad is supposed to be different than the Flight Control wad. Heck I'd like the FC wad. My Wright's unported chokes will shoot them real good. There's a rumor these could be cheaper than a hand loader can load them for due to significant known mark ups on TSS. Who knows though, could just be a rumor. We will all know soon enough.

At least when you roll your own you'll know you won't have to chase lot #s though I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbreedi1

Just like anything else new.. you'll see some testing results in the near future. I know Clark from allaboutshooting has mentioned he has tested these new loads for the past 30+ days and will publish his findings soon. Ive seen his other tests, and he is pretty detailed with many gun options and chokes.

rbreedi1

knightrider":148smc6l said:
I bet it doesn't pattern in the ported chokes, they say it does in the 410 but no mention of the 12 or 20 look at the bottom of the add for the *

They specifically said in the NWTF article that the conventional TSS loads will have the new Flex Wad and will pattern/safe to use with ported chokes. That sentence you see about the .410 says it does not feature the flex wad so it may have the original or something different.

rbreedi1

if you click that picture I posted you can see the prices, its a little hard to see but $49.95 for 3.5" and $44.95 for 3", and $29.95-$35.95 for .410 and 20 ga

SKFOOTER

Why does Federal keep pushing the Flight Control Wad?? Do they not realize that their Heavyweight and TSS loads would be a much better patterning load with a conventional wad?

knightrider

rbreedi1":v0m58xud said:
knightrider":v0m58xud said:
I bet it doesn't pattern in the ported chokes, they say it does in the 410 but no mention of the 12 or 20 look at the bottom of the add for the *

They specifically said in the NWTF article that the conventional TSS loads will have the new Flex Wad and will pattern/safe to use with ported chokes. That sentence you see about the .410 says it does not feature the flex wad so it may have the original or something different.
I can see that now that I'm on my phone and can zoom lol thank you for the correction I will buy a box to test soon as I can get em

Latest posts