Federal fusion 6.5 creedmoor ammo

280longshot

I purchased three boxes of 6.5 140 gr fusions and they will not chamber in my highly accurate tight tolerance Tikka T3X. I called Federal and they picked a box up to have the specs checked. I just received a call and they said the ammo is within specs and there is nothing they can do other than reimburse me for the one box they have.
It was then suggested that I call Tikka and explain that their highly accurate tight tolerance rifles are causing problems with Federal ammo.... :smash:
I think I'll just reload my own and not ever purchase Federal ammo again...They just lost my business. :bash:

TNRifleman

Interesting. I shot 2 different Hornady loads and 140 gr. Accubonds loaded by Choice Ammo in my T3X Lite 6.5CM and all worked just fine.

Have you tried any other brands/loads in it yet?

280longshot

Currently, I am using Hornady Precision Hunter in 143 gr eld x with no problems. I haven't tried anything else as of yet.

I will be loading my own as I just received my Redding competition type S dies.

280longshot

fullstream":20d3b5j5 said:
The hornady whitetail load fine in the tikka.
I have a box of the fusoin's in 6.5 I'll check tonight to see if they load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they do I have 2 boxes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

280longshot":2qqyhd1y said:
I purchased three boxes of 6.5 140 gr fusions and they will not chamber in my highly accurate tight tolerance Tikka T3X. I called Federal and they picked a box up to have the specs checked. I just received a call and they said the ammo is within specs and there is nothing they can do other than reimburse me for the one box they have.
It was then suggested that I call Tikka and explain that their highly accurate tight tolerance rifles are causing problems with Federal ammo.... :smash:
I think I'll just reload my own and not ever purchase Federal ammo again...They just lost my business. :bash:
So you're sure that your highly accurate tight tolerance rifle couldn't be the problem? Have you checked that the headspace is highly accurate AND within tolerance?

280longshot

infoman jr.":1dio0c4p said:
280longshot":1dio0c4p said:
So you're sure that your highly accurate tight tolerance rifle couldn't be the problem? Have you checked that the headspace is highly accurate AND within tolerance?
It could be the rifle is out of spec or as Federal said Tikka rifles have tight chambers. I'm assuming the rifle just has a tight chamber.
But I can check the headspace if that'll satisfy your curiosity!
Me, I can care less cause Hornady ammo shoots great in it.
My point being Federal really thinks I'm going to send my rifle to a gunsmith for an official check of headspace or call Tikka and complain, they're freaking crazy!
I have always had great luck out of federal ammo, spent more than I wanted on their ammo..
I expected a full return of my money on two more boxes, is that too much to ask from such a company?
We're talking about $50.00 to keep a customer happy.

280longshot

DaveB":3ov5lajw said:
Yep, load your own. SPS has a ton of 6.5 bullets of various weights.

Grafs has 6.5 Lapua brass with the small rifle primer pocket.
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/73841

Slide by I have some quality SR primers
Thanks Dave.
I have some stuff already including Lapua brass, nosler bullets, powder.
I have some CCI primers.
I'm sure this will be a future project come spring.
What primers do you have?
I may get a few from you to try.

DaveB

I got some....

Plus some Tula and I think a coupla Winchester

I am here slide by anytime

Attachments

• SAM_2248.JPG
    SAM_2248.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 732

Latest posts