Favorite Time to hunt

If you could only pick one, which would be your favorite time period to hunt in Tennessee

• Archery Season

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Muzzleloader Season

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • Rifle Season

Votes: 27 30.7%

• Total voters

DMD

Curious as to everyone's favorite time period to hunt. This not really a weapon question, nor is it really about the length of each season (though either or both of these may influence your answer)...but a "time of the year" question. What say you?

Tenntrapper

I've killed deer through most of the seasons. That said, I'm going to base my answer on where my fondest memories are from... Thanksgiving through Christmas. That's when family would always come in. Be it a deer hunt, or trying to kick up some cottontails...those are the hunts that to me were the most successful.

Madbowh

My favorite time to hunt and enjoy the woods is archery hot or cold. Sep-oct don't bother me if I get anything during this time I can usually pick off a doe daily but I don't like shooting does I'll take any size buck before a doe.

My favorite time for serious efforts to harvest is the coldest days possible(below freezing) and if it snows im out there.

Wrangler95

I do it all,Bow,Muzzle and gun but my favorite time is 1st 2 weeks of Nov.,every buck in the woods is on the move.The rut a few days before Thanksgiving is always a hot time here in Clay Co !

Latest posts