Favorite spinnerbait?

TNReb

Alright.. I'm about fed up with spinnerbaits. For something that should be so simple, they really aggravate me. I either can't find one that runs straight without needing constant adjustments... or they're so stiff they have no vibration.. or the hook shank is so short it doesn't hold a trailer well in times I want to use one.. or the blades aren't coated well and they easily tarnish.

What's your favorite spinnerbait? I'm tired of wasting money trying something new.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I feel like I am one of the few guys that hates fishing spinnerbaits. I will fish almost any other method and hate fishing spinnerbaits. Maybe I just have never had a good trip where I caught stuff on them, but I just never liked them. The few fish I have caught on them were on a war eagle. I also have never "tuned" one so that may have been part of my problem.

NumberOne

I feel like I am one of the few guys that hates fishing spinnerbaits. I will fish almost any other method and hate fishing spinnerbaits. Maybe I just have never had a good trip where I caught stuff on them, but I just never liked them. The few fish I have caught on them were on a war eagle. I also have never "tuned" one so that may have been part of my problem.
Although I don't like fishing them as much as other baits, during prespawn a spinnerbait is about the best bait to catch a big fish on. They are very versatile baits too but I agree I am not a huge spinnerbait guy. Mainly for the same reason TNREB started this thread. I can't find one I really have confidence in.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I love spinnerbaits. That's why I enjoy spring.

For nighttime, I like a Colorado spoon, and War Eagle makes good ones with great action. You can feel it humming in your hands when you reel.

Gold blade(s) in muddy water; silver in blue water. Probably no spinners in clear water unless deep.

sll

Picasso and Pepper Custom are good ones that I have used for several years, but since Jason Christie designed the Booyah Covert series last year it is in my opinion one of the best on the market today. It has top-notch components...Great hook, hardened wire, trailer keeper and Hildebrandt blades. Runs true at all speeds also.

hillbillyfab

A Booyah spinner bait is something that we keep close by when we're fishing creeks and small water. We have really good like with them for what they cost, like @WTM stated. They might need to be tweaked or straightened a little, but I don't mind.

Latest posts