Favorite Muzzle loader pellets

missalot

I'm thinking of switching I have been shooting 100 grains of the white hots no bad issues with them but they are still very dirty I'm considering going to triple 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double browtine

Re: Favorite Muzzle loader pellets

I shoot 2 50 grain triple 7 pellets in my knight bk-92 and also in my remington genesis. Use the triple 7 209 primers though. Regular shotgun primers are too hot. T/C shockwave are the bullets I use.

ImThere

I think white hots are much cleaner than 777 but I may be wrong. I think Whitehots clean up so easily I wouldn't be concerned

mike243

My ? is has any body weighed pellets to see how close they are? I shoot smokeless now and use a digital scale and seeing how much difference a couple of grains affect things I wondered if any body had

ImThere

Well since it came up. You should think about black horn 209. It's the cleanest of the black powder subs.

mike243

What I found years ago shooting pellets at 100y was great,not so great at 200y,much better with loose and now wonder what would have been the results by weighing each load but no back tracking now

savageman

i use loose 777. cleans up with just water. Seems much cleaner than using solvents that are listed as causing cancer.

Mike Belt

Those that drop out of the rear end of a buck when I start field dressing him after putting a 290 grain Barnes through his boiler room, lol. My all time favorite muzzleloader pellets!

fairchaser

I'm not a pellet fan after they miss fired on a good buck. Why introduce another unknown element into the equation of accuracy and reliability? Convenience? I never got it but I bought into the idea for a short time. It's like the idea of bottled water and lottery tickets. It doesn't make sense but sells like crazy.

Hunter 257W

Triple Seven pellets for me. I'm not a ML enthusiast and to be perfectly honest I only use my ML to get 2 extra weeks of hunting each year, so I'm not looking for the ultimate performance level like some of you are. During ML season I try to hunt in places where my shots will be within 100 yards. So far I've yet to be disappointed with the performance I've got from my 50 caliber NEF Sidekick using 777 pellets.

SKFOOTER

Roost 1":l7c72gno said:
I prefer N120 but if I were still shooting a smoker it would be Blackhorn 209, hands down.
Blackhorn 209 is all I've used for the last 6 years. It is the real deal!! :super:

Latest posts