Favorite deer attractant?

ROVERBOY

I know this has been posted more than Bidumb lies but, just wondered what your favorites are. I use mostly just trace mineral blocks. I like Trophy Rocks but, you need a loan to buy a bunch.

Planking

I use deer cain. Its cheap and it works. They all seem to work great. Ive use bags of trace mineral, the trace mineral blocks and trophy rock as well. I can't tell any difference. If u have a stump you need to remove they are great for that. Another thing ive noticed is they seem to like it in areas that are well drained. I have a red clay knob lick that's four years old and it looks like a mortar hit it.

deerhunter10

Use trophy rocks will also middle of the summer put a white salt block in some as well. The bags that are already crushed are technically the nest bag for you buck but I use the actual rock. You can make your own as well. We only have 6 mineral site total so 2 rocks a year each isn't a ton of money in the grand scheme of things. I mainly use them for summer pictures. I don't think they really provide anything major for deer. Could be wrong but I don't think so.

Ski

I like trophy rock and Whitetail Institute 30-06.

I have no idea what benefits deer get from minerals and/or salt but it's unmistakable how pregnant does, summer bucks, and young deer in general really enjoy them. Do they make antlers bigger? Who knows? But it sure seems when growing is happening, they're hitting minerals hard.

Wrangler95

I use deercane and salt but they really love meat curing salt but it is more costly!!I have started buying table salt in the boxes at the grocery store,alot cheaper!!

74MOPAR

I have tried a lot over the years. Trophy rock in the bag, and the brown salt blocks from TSC do the job . This last winter I bought this lick magic on clearance , wish I would have bought all they had . Never seen deer wear something out like this. Not legal during season though
IMG_5824.png

Latest posts