Fav cut of beef Steak

megalomaniac

Ribeye, strip, filet, sirloin in that order.

If you haven't tried a reverse sear, I'd highly recommend...

Room temp steak at least 1.5in thick, smoke for 30 to 45 min with coarse salt, pepper, and crushed garlic, then sear in a hot cast iron skillet with butter for a couple minutes on each side.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I love the taste of a good quality sirloin over charcoal just to Medium rare but I do tire of chewing. I raise my own and that makes a big difference. Buffalo Sirloin is really good but also very tough. Ribeye is certainly the go to for all in our house. Cast Iron is great for a good seer but its a sin in my house to cook a steak over anything other than charcoal!
I have quit steak house steaks as most brine their steaks in either dry or wet sodium brines and get them far too salty to enjoy. Its how they sell you second rate meat at bigger prices.

Buzzard Breath

I've really gotten to like flat iron steaks. Then it would be strip followed by ribeye.

I've gotten tired of never knowing what I'm going to be served when I get a steak at a restaurant, so I quit ordering them.

mike243

Ribeye most of the time but love all of them, some angus sirloin can beat a ribeye sometimes. I like the steaks seasoned well and thrown on the pellet smoker for a hour or 2 depending how thick, no sear is needed if the meats good and the spices are right imo, try it some time you might be surprised

JCDEERMAN

Several have mentioned TX Roadhouse steaks. I've only eaten there probably 3 times and didn't much care for it. In college, my girlfriend worked there in Johnson City and she always talked about all the Nascar fans coming to town for the Bristol races and they all ordered steaks well done and they dipped them in ketchup. YUCK. I'm assuming yall are talking about their steaks cooked med/rare are good?

Zulu

Ribeyes are more tender, but I think NY strips have the best flavor. I won't hardly order a steak out anymore; ever since I started buying a half cow every year from Collins farm (on the TNdeer classifieds) I've been ruined for "normal" steaks. I'll get a steak at a high-level chop house, but that's a once-in-a-blue-moon occasion.

DoubleRidge

Hard to beat a prime ribeye. However, I bought some A5 waygu a while back and it was phenomenal.

I will only order steak out at a restaurant if it is a proper steakhouse. No outback/texas roadhouse for me.

Avocado oil, coarse salt and a ripping hot cast iron skillet. Steak must be at room temp before cooking :)

Great point....starting at room temp is key

Latest posts