Father/son South Carolina trip

ERIC

My son and I went to South Carolina for a few days after hogs and deer. The gun season down there for deer opens Aug. 15 and we went during what should be the peak of the rut. They were chasing some, but we were there a week or so early I think. I got one Saturday that was chasing a doe, and Ryan took his on Sunday morning right before we had to leave. The deer aren't huge, but the trip was an A+ overall. Great experience for both of us. We plan on going back again and getting that hog.

Bone Collector

Congrats! You hunt Public land, Private Farm, or Outfitter?

My brother lives in Greenville. Deer season does not start Aug 15th there, but my dad lives in Charleston, it does start Aug 15th.

Thought about going, but have never done it.

Spikes Tactical

Congrats - we just moved to the Greenville area. Won't get any hunting in but am looking forward to trying my hand at a velvet buck next year.

Where did you guys hunt?

Again - congrats on a successful trip.

ERIC

We went to South Carolina Trophy Hunts. They have 8500 acres and are adding another 1,000 before next year. We are going on a velvet hunt next year with them. I definitely recommend them; they try extremely hard to make sure you have a good chance of success. Its still hunting and not everyone gets a shot, but these guys do everything they can.

ERIC

We went to South Carolina Trophy Hunts. They have 8500 acres and are adding another 1,000 before next year. We are going on a velvet hunt next year with them. I definitely recommend them; they try extremely hard to make sure you have a good chance of success. Its still hunting and not everyone gets a shot, but these guys do everything they can.

Latest posts