Fastest team

buckaroo

Currently Vols are ranked fastest playing team at 3.08 plays per minute, not sure how this will pan out, could be good, or real bad down the road

Spurhunter

Currently Vols are ranked fastest playing team at 3.08 plays per minute, not sure how this will pan out, could be good, or real bad down the road
Did you really just post that in the alabama forum on TNDeer? Stand by for PDB and the rest of bandwagon nation to tell you why it's bad.

PalsPal

If we can consistently move the ball, it's not a bad thing. 3 and outs are very much bad on our defense
BINGO!

If you can dictate tempo and keep the defense from subbing as they want, it can be an advantage. The offense has the potential be good., but QB play has to improve a LOT.

Heupel is suppose to be a good QB developer. He has his work cut out for him.

PillsburyDoughboy

Ok Sparky... Lets see how that fares against a Florida Defense that will be able to rotate in a really strong secondary. If vols think they can keep that tempo up for more than one quarter and a half and not be gasping for air they got another think coming. vols receivers are not going to be able to break coverage and out run single/double coverage like they did against BG and TT. Florida is going to be all over them like white on rice. Florida is going to limit what vols can they can do in the air and its going to force them to run the ball. Something that structure of that offense does not appear to be doing well. I mean when your QB is leading your rushing yards in at least one of your games (BG) ???? That is saying something right there.

Imma going to take that spread money . Florida gonna whoop some tail this weekend.

PillsburyDoughboy

Thanks for that high level analysis. wouldn't it have been easier to say Florida is a better football team as opposed to that paragraph of nonsense?
You are correct. I should have just said vols are gonna run pass run punt like what was said before me. My bad.

PalsPal

Florida is going to limit what vols can they can do in the air

Actually, we do a pretty good job of that on our own :D !

BTW, I picture you pounding those keys on the keyboard pretty hard while you typed that and maybe even spraying some spit on your screen as you talked to yourself while typing.

Calm down, he just made an observation :D !

PillsburyDoughboy

Gus Malzahn always emphasizes going really-really fast too. His winning record is below 50%. I've already bet FL -20.5
Great Example. None of the top programs go up tempo for long sustained periods like the vols are trying to do and there is a reason for it.

Spurhunter

Thanks for that high level analysis. wouldn't it have been easier to say Florida is a better football team as opposed to that paragraph of nonsense?
A man with a great football mind like PDB can't simply and concisely break down a a game. When you see all facets of the game like 4D chess it naturally takes many words to describe. It would be like asking Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton to explain physics with 50 words or less. At least that's how he sees himself. 😂

BamaProud

A man with a great football mind like PDB can't simply and concisely break down a a game. When you see all facets of the game like 4D chess it naturally takes many words to describe. It would be like asking Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton to explain physics with 50 words or less. At least that's how he sees himself. 😂

Newton can sum up the laws of physics in way less than 50 words. E=Mc^2 sums it up the laws of physics very succinctly. (I knew that minor in Mathematics would eventually come in useful
:) ;)

buckaroo

Ok Sparky... Lets see how that fares against a Florida Defense that will be able to rotate in a really strong secondary. If vols think they can keep that tempo up for more than one quarter and a half and not be gasping for air they got another think coming. vols receivers are not going to be able to break coverage and out run single/double coverage like they did against BG and TT. Florida is going to be all over them like white on rice. Florida is going to limit what vols can they can do in the air and its going to force them to run the ball. Something that structure of that offense does not appear to be doing well. I mean when your QB is leading your rushing yards in at least one of your games (BG) ???? That is saying something right there.

Imma going to take that spread money . Florida gonna whoop some tail this weekend.
Hey Sparky I didnt say it was so great lol

wayne

Florida's defense is 9th in the conference in pass completion percentage allowed, 13th in yards allowed and 10th in points allowed.

TreyB

Florida's defense is 9th in the conference in pass completion percentage allowed, 13th in yards allowed and 10th in points allowed.
Yeah our defense isn't that great. Bama made them look that way. I will say once again that Grantham needs to play tighter coverage.