FAR IR Sauna - Anything good you can tell me about

Kimber45

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
33,585
Location
Close to Jackson, TN
We are looking at getting an IR FAR Sauna.. Ok, read up on it before you start worrying about giving up man-cards :D

Since I work out at home, I cant think of a single thing I miss from the gym more than the sauna.. Having some arthritis + sinus issues too, I always left that thing feeling wonderful and so, as I read up they say the less expensive IR FAR Saunas are easier to use, cheaper, more effecient and dang effective.

Anybody have one? Experiences?
 

Kimber45

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
33,585
Location
Close to Jackson, TN
Come On!! Surely I ain't about to be the 1st redneck TnDeeronian to have a dang IR FAR Sauna :D

Am having problems with the wife though on where to put it...........in the house :)
 

Model70Man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
7,015
Location
Knoxville, TN
IR is a deep penetrating heat. Some people say they can feel the heat in their bones. Definitely increases blood flow and relaxes muscles.
 

Kimber45

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
33,585
Location
Close to Jackson, TN
Model70Man said:
IR is a deep penetrating heat. Some people say they can feel the heat in their bones. Definitely increases blood flow and relaxes muscles.

Been dealing with pain issues for 20 yrs and refuse to take pain meds - just too early in life at 50 so this was recommended. The more I read the more I know I have to have one
 

de novo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
4,018
Location
Middle TN
I have a steam sauna in my garage. Went to the spa place and they were selling 2'x4' saunas for over $5000. Kept track of craigslist for several weeks and picked up a 6'x7' monster steam sauna for $1650. Of course I had to go tear it down, move it, and set it up but a great deal. I get in it at least every other night while I relax listening to Mark Levin or Michael Savage.

I don't have any experience with the infrared variety but I love my steam sauna and I've no man card issues either.
 

Kimber45

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
33,585
Location
Close to Jackson, TN
de novo said:
I have a steam sauna in my garage. Went to the spa place and they were selling 2'x4' saunas for over $5000. Kept track of craigslist for several weeks and picked up a 6'x7' monster steam sauna for $1650. Of course I had to go tear it down, move it, and set it up but a great deal. I get in it at least every other night while I relax listening to Mark Levin or Michael Savage.

I don't have any experience with the infrared variety but I love my steam sauna and I've no man card issues either.

Steam is what I've used in the past and really like it however the new IR FaR systems supposedly get deeper into muscle and even bone with the heat and, you can pick up a 2 person model with a lifetime warranty New for around 1500.00 that plugs into a 120v outlet and pulls 12-14a based on what I've found so far.
 

trealtree

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
10,992
Location
Middle Tennessee
Kimber45 said:
de novo said:
I have a steam sauna in my garage. Went to the spa place and they were selling 2'x4' saunas for over $5000. Kept track of craigslist for several weeks and picked up a 6'x7' monster steam sauna for $1650. Of course I had to go tear it down, move it, and set it up but a great deal. I get in it at least every other night while I relax listening to Mark Levin or Michael Savage.

I don't have any experience with the infrared variety but I love my steam sauna and I've no man card issues either.

Steam is what I've used in the past and really like it however the new IR FaR systems supposedly get deeper into muscle and even bone with the heat and, you can pick up a 2 person model with a lifetime warranty New for around 1500.00 that plugs into a 120v outlet and pulls 12-14a based on what I've found so far.

So it cooks you much better than the steam resulting in a more tender product. :)
 

Kimber45

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
33,585
Location
Close to Jackson, TN
trealtree said:
Kimber45 said:
de novo said:
I have a steam sauna in my garage. Went to the spa place and they were selling 2'x4' saunas for over $5000. Kept track of craigslist for several weeks and picked up a 6'x7' monster steam sauna for $1650. Of course I had to go tear it down, move it, and set it up but a great deal. I get in it at least every other night while I relax listening to Mark Levin or Michael Savage.

I don't have any experience with the infrared variety but I love my steam sauna and I've no man card issues either.

Steam is what I've used in the past and really like it however the new IR FaR systems supposedly get deeper into muscle and even bone with the heat and, you can pick up a 2 person model with a lifetime warranty New for around 1500.00 that plugs into a 120v outlet and pulls 12-14a based on what I've found so far.

So it cooks you much better than the steam resulting in a more tender product. :)

:D
We shall see :)
 

Latest posts

Top