Fall Weather

Displaced_Vol

Felt a lot like fall here this weekend. Haven't seen any winged critters in a few weeks but I couldn't help check all the ponds and keep an eye on the sky while I was out and about.

Cabo_51

We was touching up our blinds this weekend and had blue wings all in the hole and some gadwalls

TAFKAP

Displaced_Vol":1u7igstw said:
Felt a lot like fall here this weekend. Haven't seen any winged critters in a few weeks but I couldn't help check all the ponds and keep an eye on the sky while I was out and about.

Starting to see flocks of geese moving around, especially in the MS delta. More and more ducks, too. Still nothing to get terribly excited about yet, but they're starting to stretch out.

Grnwing

Heard the geese migrating from the stand Saturday morning. Hearing that got me pretty fired up. I started packing for next weeks trip up north, its looking to stay below 32 for the week with some single digit nights. Most of the water should be frozen except for the big lakes and rivers. Shouldn't be a lot of snow on the ground and the harvest is in full swing. Birds should have plenty of dry feed and some open water around. Should make for some good hunting. I can't wait!

Displaced_Vol

Checked out our new lease spot yesterday in far SW KY. Saw a group of 50 geese flying the big river, I think* they were specks. Heard some Canadas later in the morning but never laid eyes on them. Didn't have a lot of time I would have liked to check out the general area more, maybe soon. It was a cool 50 degrees with a fairly stiff wind so it definitely felt like fall!

tickweed

Hey Tickweed- hows that spot coming along you & I talked about?
What kind of ducks are you seeing and hearing about?
Finally finished. group that has it was brushing last Sat., said had a group of about 30 set up, and circle a few times. course, boats in hole didn't help. if it stays dry, Mississippi doesn't get out, we should do well. lots of ducks here, but awful early.

tickweed

Finally finished. group that has it was brushing last Sat., said had a group of about 30 set up, and circle a few times. course, boats in hole didn't help. if it stays dry, Mississippi doesn't get out, we should do well. lots of ducks here, but awful early.
sev people I know seen lots in local bottoms this week end. A mixed bag, teal, mallards, gadwalls

Displaced_Vol

Good deal. The spot we ended up in here in west KY needs the big river to get out so it looks like we may be wishing for different weather this fall. On the other hand my group has a couple quota hunts lined up at a refuge up here and the last few years we haven't been able to make that hunt due to floods. So, I guess we'll take it either way and hope for the best.

Displaced_Vol

The river has jumped up pretty good in the last week out in far west KY. Would love to get out and see what our field looks like but won't have a chance until the 11th (i think).
Figured out what water control device we wanted to put on a culvert, but now I am betting that is under water so I don't know when or if we'll get it on. All new things for us to think about but I like it. Temps are gonna plummet tonight.
On one hand this month is gonna drag by so slow until thanksgiving. On the other hand we've got a long list of stuff yet to get done and don't know if we'll have enough time...

Latest posts