Fajitas - Need some ideas

TNRifleman

We are going to do a fajita bar on New Year's Eve and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for different meats or different ways to season chicken or beef that would be unique.

Open to all suggestions but as of right now, have no venison in the freezer. That may change tomorrow or Saturday though.

Also, open to any sauces or sides that would go well with fajitas.

Forvols

Smoke a pork butt or couple of chuck roasts seasoned with SPOG. Pull/ shred it up, add your fajitas seasoning and veggies prepare as you normally would. The meat also makes great burritos and tacos. Big pan of wet burritos with meat(seasoned with burrito or taco seasoning first), beans, rice and cheese inside top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake 350 till bubbly and cheese melted top with your favorite toppings. I did the wet burritos with smoke chuck roast some time ago....it was excellent.

Here is a pict of some smoked butt shredded I plan on using for tacos, burritos and now(had not thought of) fajitas are on the list.

AT Hiker

I'm a fan of refried black beans, love em!
My wife makes a spicey roasted sweet potatoe dish with black beans. Onions, garlic, bell peppers, chipotle salt/pepper. You could garnish it with a homemade pico de gallo and lime wedges .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

AT Hiker":2wqz6er9 said:
My wife makes a spicey roasted sweet potatoe dish with black beans. Onions, garlic, bell peppers, chipotle salt/pepper. You could garnish it with a homemade pico de gallo and lime wedges .

That sounds great. Any recide or basically just use each to taste, mix all together and bake?

AT Hiker

TNRifleman":knjc17ly said:
AT Hiker":knjc17ly said:

That sounds great. Any recide or basically just use each to taste, mix all together and bake?

It's more of a season as ya go thing. You can crock pot it or roast the sweet potatoes, we always add the black beans at the end (pre cooked).

AT Hiker

Think of roasted red potatoes, but sub for sweet and add the onions,garlic/pepper mix. Then add the frijoles negroes at the end.

TNRifleman

Well I ended up doing shrimp with a chipotle olive oil, lime juice and cilantro marinade, slow cooked, shredded beef with an ancho Chile and coffee rub, and chicken with lemon olive oil and home made fajita seasoning.

I did also make the roasted sweet potato and black bean dish, which was a hit. I did the roasted sweet potatoes and red onion in a chipotle olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin. Then mixed them with the black beans, lime juice and cilantro. Thanks for the idea, it was a big hit.

csi-tech

Just had deer meat fajita night. Green, gold, red and yellow peppers cut into strips fried in butter, Venison backstrip cut into strips and marinated in jack daniels honey/teryaki. Zatarains spanish rice, refried beans covered in mozarella and a simple ensalada with tomato slice, sour cream and shredded iceberg lettuce on the side. The venison and peppers were put in a flour tortilla and I poured a little diced Old El Paso green chilis on it before I served it.

It was sublime. The best venison I have ever cooked. Tender and sweet. The wife was floored and I can't wait to try some other flavors. Better than the beef skirt steak I usually use by far.

Latest posts