Smokeless Excitement High to a Reality Crash

Smokeless

Woodman

I was doing an inventory of my muzzleloader needs (Savage 10MLII) : powder, bullets and primers. Everything OK as I've got enough for next hunting season, but I am a bit low on the 209 shotgun primers I use.

So I do a google search for Winchester 209 shotgun primers and get to the 3rd page of the search and actually find some in stock at "Bronkos Outdoors" ......never heard of 'em, but I'm excited to find some primers and I add them to my order cart and start completing the order info...........then I notice the address of "Bronkos Outdoors"
frown.gif
......Tauranga, New Zealand. Heck, the shipping would probably be more than the outrageous prices being asked by those who have them for sale on the auction sites in the U.S. and they probably wouldn't get here till after next fall's hunting season anyway.

Reality set in.........everything ammo related has already been bought up.
redface.gif

I'm pretty well stocked up on handgun, rifle, shotgun, and rimfire ammo, but since I don't handload I never thought about primers until now.

Woodman

If you're in East TN I've got some Federal 209A's
I'm in Blount County & thanks for the offer.........but I'm good to go for next season. Since I posted, my BIL gave me a sleeve/tray of 100 Winchester 209's & combined with what I had left I'll have more than enough to get me through next muzzleloading season. Hopefully everthing (ammo & primers) will become available soon.

Smo

Dixie Gun Works has them , I'm not sure of the price??? $32 for a tin 200 maybe..

Don't everyone call at once and overwhelm them, there's only 3 or 4 working there it appears at this time.

Check online for a availability.. Deer Creek Products is another possibility.

Of course Haz Mat charges would imply..

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
My local pawn shop has a couple of women customers that routinely hit estate sales and bring any shooting related items to him. I have picked up ammo and primers on there multiple times and always reasonably priced.

Latest posts