Everyone’s favorite trail camera

Shed Hunter

I seek reliability. Covert has proven to be the most reliable

bushnell also have worked well and the only Browning I've owned is doing fine

Not a fan of any other camera I've used. Including Tactacam, but that's simply because I don't like getting pictures of deer butts sent to me because it only sends the SECOND photo of the sequence

megalomaniac

WGI hands down. If they work right out of the box, they seem to really last. I have 3 that are 3 years old and have taken over 100,000 pics and still working perfectly.

I bought 4 more the following year, and all still work great.

Of course I bought 3 more the year after that (newer model), and none of them worked out of the box.

I've had 6 or 7 coverts. I seem to get between 1-2 years out of them, moisture gets into the case, then I return them and get a replacement or pay the discounted price for a replacement when out of warranty.

TheLBLman

My current "go-to" cams for most applications are the Browning Dark-Ops series. These are true black flash cams, great for using over scrapes and trails. IMO, they are the best bang for my buck, feature-rich, allowing up to 8 pics per triggering event.

For inventorying fields and larger food plots, I prefer the top models from both Bushnell and Moultrie, mainly because I prefer their field scan modes over the Browning models.

As I replace some older units, I see the Browning Patriot model coming into play.

Among the cellular cams, I'm currently using both Browning models and the Tacticam.
The Tacticam is not a bad cam for the price, but I believe over a couple years, the Browning Scout will cost no more simply because is has longer battery life.

The Tacticam is not as feature-rich as the Brownings, and I believe I'm missing a lot of activity that typically gets captured by the Brownings. No matter how you program the Tacticam, it will only send 1 pic per triggering event. I have my Brownings typically set to send at least 2 pics per triggering event, and the Brownings send all pics, not just 1 of 3, etc. like the Tacticam.

I'm adding more Browning cell cams, but don't plan to add any more Tacticams.

BSK

My current "go-to" cams for most applications are the Browning Dark-Ops series. These are true black flash cams, great for using over scrapes and trails. IMO, they are the best bang for my buck, feature-rich, allowing up to 8 pics per triggering event.

For inventorying fields and larger food plots, I prefer the top models from both Bushnell and Moultrie, mainly because I prefer their field scan modes over the Browning models.

As I replace some older units, I see the Browning Patriot model coming into play.
Love the Brownings! The new Patriot is the BOMB!

Thanks for the recommendations on field/food plot cams Wes.

Hunter 257W

I started with the film cameras and don't even recall the brand but it was the same company that made the timers that used sewing thread across a deer trail to time something walking over the thread which pulled it out of the timer clock switch. Those old film cameras worked well but you were limited to only 36 shots and film, developing and batteries ran into a lot of money. Can't hardly believe I was willing to spend that much back then. I've tried several of the cheapo digitals. Wildgame Innovations and Primos being the two I recall that gave good/decent service. One of those however used C batteries and consumed 4 new batteries every 3 weeks. Fortunately somebody stole that one - being a thief , they deserve it. :)

This year I saw a sale at Midway on the Browning Strike Force Explorer Trail Camera 18 MP for $99 and bought 2. I love that camera so much that I ordered another last week but paid regular price of $149. They have a sensitive trigger so you'll get every chipmunk that runs by literally but since we aren't using film that doesn't cost anything but a little time to delete some pictures. I use 32MG cards so have no problem with the cards filling up before I get back to the camera. I had one camera in the past that had video capability but they were very grainy. These Browning's have very good quality videos and the sound is good too. I should have bought 5 of them at that $99 price.

Madbowh

Stealth cam at tractorsupply 2 for$100 I've got six now probably will have 6 more for next year. I've not had any issues. They take 8AA used the same batteries from July until now

Latest posts