Evercalm scent stick

RobDooley

Its what I do also,I wont hunt a stand if the wind is not right!
you hear the remarks you made about hunting the wind all the time. I understand. However, I have been hunting for 45 years and absent a dominant, prevailing wind I have noticed the wind swirl and often change directions several times during a hunt. I have also witnessed deer approach my stand from numerous positions during a hunt. With that said, I have one stand, that I know is positioned on a travel corridor to bedding on the farm. This is the only stand I hunt the wind. Are there others maybe. I am convinced now to pick up some of this Evercalm. Stay clean my friends.

Wrangler95

I believe you will be glad you got the Evercalm!Yes,the wind swirls in different directions,I just go by my Hunt stand app with each stand to see the wind direction for each hour.It is about the best a hunter can do!!

1984dog

Anybody ever used this?? I bought a stick the other day to try.
Evercalm is the best product since Ozonics. I use this stuff every hunt. I just put it on the bottom of my boots. I also use the sprays for clothing and an Ozonics while on the stand. I have had many deer (including mature bucks) walk right over my walking path and not be alarmed.

Evercalm was invented at a deer farm when a worker went deer hunting without changing his clothes before the hunt. He saw many deer and realized the smell he picked up from cleaning out deer stalls did not alert the deer. Evercalm is basically the scent from a deers bed.

I just use it on my boots. If you watch Evercalms commercial or some of the hunting shows on TV, they will rub it on trees, the sides of their stands as well. I think this is just to get you to use and buy more.

1984dog

I've been using this stuff since it first came out, and I can tell you that it has worked for me in the areas I hunt, including many areas in Rakkin6's backyard. I can't say it has ever pulled deer in, but there have been many, many times when I have had deer directly downwind of me after sweating on the walk in. Deer should have totally freaked out after catching my scent, based upon all of my previous experience. They never snorted, blew, or changed zip codes. If you read up on the history of how this was developed, it kind of makes sense. It's based upon the typical scents found in a deer bedding area. The logic is similar to hunters in farm country that deliberately step into a fresh cow pie - this is part of a deer's environment, and they are used to the smell.

I've only used the EverCalm deer herd in the stick format. I've never tried their VS1 or any other scents, or any of their scents in aerosol cans. As others have said, I place it on the bottom of my rubber boots and try to work it into the deep pockets of the tread.

One thing you DO NOT want to do is store the deodorant type sticks in warm or hot areas for very long. It absolutely will melt, even if it is inside zip lock bags - ask me how I know. Storing inside zip lock bags though is really smart because it prevents the "calming scent" from becoming cross-contaminated with other scents.

As other's have said, this isn't an attractant. It's more of a cover scent.
The stuff is volatile as well. Between hunts, I put mine in the zip lock bag.

30-06 type of guy

If you hunt public land don't run too heavy on the trees. I made the mistake one morning in the dark and when it finally got light all I saw was white streaks 🤣. I don't hunt the wind 90% of the time and this stuff still keeps em curious

BSK

If you hunt public land don't run too heavy on the trees. I made the mistake one morning in the dark and when it finally got light all I saw was white streaks 🤣. I don't hunt the wind 90% of the time and this stuff still keeps em curious
Honestly, I've never tried it. But you all have me curious!

bigdeer1

I started using it a couple years ago. I got tired of climbing trees so went to ground blinds. I love this stuff works great. Shot this deer at 10 yards using it never knew I was there. Had four spikes this year walk right past me just setting on the ground 5 yards from me never spook any of them. Great stuff.

Attachments

• 41831409-F301-45DE-87DD-A70D173A581E.jpeg
    41831409-F301-45DE-87DD-A70D173A581E.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 35

1984dog

Evercalm is a cover scent and not a product to make you scentless. Put it on your boots before you walk in and it will help "cover" your scent that you leave behind from your boots. The number 1 item of human scent is your breath. You can use evercalm, scent cover sprays on your clothing - but until you do something about your breath - the deer will have the advantage.

Rakkin6

Evercalm is a cover scent and not a product to make you scentless. Put it on your boots before you walk in and it will help "cover" your scent that you leave behind from your boots. The number 1 item of human scent is your breath. You can use evercalm, scent cover sprays on your clothing - but until you do something about your breath - the deer will have the advantage.
Problem Solved lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209-101128.png
    Screenshot_20221209-101128.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 44

1984dog

I bought some last year, saw no change in deer habits
I took a guest with me on a hunt last week. After putting him on his stand, I made the cardinal sin of walking across the food plot that I would be hunting that afternoon. Before entering the food plot, I freshened up the EverCalm on my boots and walked right down the middle of the food plot. During the hunt, I had 7 deer (including a small buck) walk and graze all over the food plot for over an hour and not once did any of the seven deer show any signs of detecting my presence. This stuff really works.