Evercalm scent stick

Rakkin6

Like I said evercalm is my favorite but deer dander is dang good and I have had good luck with just plain old pure vanilla mixed with water in a spray bottle. Never really had any luck with estrous/buck urine scents. Not saying they don't or can't work I just think where I hunt the buck to doe ratio is a little skewed so the bucks don't have to work has hard. I have had luck with rattling a few times and doe bleats (the ones in the can)..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

shirtshirt

LanceS4803":1ba6zrw0 said:
backroads":1ba6zrw0 said:
MR Yote":1ba6zrw0 said:
Anybody ever used this?? I bought a stick the other day to try.

I've used it the past few years with pretty good success. I'll also use their buck scent during Rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good golly, does that stuff stink!
I bought a two pack w/ one each Evercalm and another the buck scent.
The buck scent resides in its own heavy ziplock.

+1 oof!

Rakkin6

Never used it but picked some up after the season at TSC on deep discount clearance. Seems like it's worth a try. You fellas just hittin random leaves with it on your walk in or…?
Did you get the deodorant stick? If thats what you.got then put some on the bottom of you Mr boots on the walk in. Then some on your tree you are climbing and a little in trees around your stand. Never used the spray before but if I was you I would just spray some occasionally on the walk in then some on some bushes around your stand.

UCStandSitter

Did you get the deodorant stick? If thats what you.got then put some on the bottom of you Mr boots on the walk in. Then some on your tree you are climbing and a little in trees around your stand. Never used the spray before but if I was you I would just spray some occasionally on the walk in then some on some bushes around your stand.
It is the stick. Came in a two pack with some sort of attractant, both in a Ziploc type deal. So far away from the season I didn't want to open it and dry it out so I haven't really had a chance to look at it. Appreciate the response. Good info

Rakkin6

It is the stick. Came in a two pack with some sort of attractant, both in a Ziploc type deal. So far away from the season I didn't want to open it and dry it out so I haven't really had a chance to look at it. Appreciate the response. Good info
It's good stuff, I have literally had deer walk up to the trees I put it on and lick it. Not fool proof but it is pretty much the only scent product I use now.

utvolsfan77

I've been using this stuff since it first came out, and I can tell you that it has worked for me in the areas I hunt, including many areas in Rakkin6's backyard. I can't say it has ever pulled deer in, but there have been many, many times when I have had deer directly downwind of me after sweating on the walk in. Deer should have totally freaked out after catching my scent, based upon all of my previous experience. They never snorted, blew, or changed zip codes. If you read up on the history of how this was developed, it kind of makes sense. It's based upon the typical scents found in a deer bedding area. The logic is similar to hunters in farm country that deliberately step into a fresh cow pie - this is part of a deer's environment, and they are used to the smell.

I've only used the EverCalm deer herd in the stick format. I've never tried their VS1 or any other scents, or any of their scents in aerosol cans. As others have said, I place it on the bottom of my rubber boots and try to work it into the deep pockets of the tread.

One thing you DO NOT want to do is store the deodorant type sticks in warm or hot areas for very long. It absolutely will melt, even if it is inside zip lock bags - ask me how I know. Storing inside zip lock bags though is really smart because it prevents the "calming scent" from becoming cross-contaminated with other scents.

As other's have said, this isn't an attractant. It's more of a cover scent.

Last edited:

Rakkin6

I've been using this stuff since it first came out, and I can tell you that it has worked for me in the areas I hunt, including many areas in Rakkin6's backyard. I can't say it has ever pulled deer in, but there have been many, many times when I have had deer directly downwind of me after sweating on the walk in. Deer should have totally freaked out after catching my scent, based upon all of my experience. They never snorted, blew, or changed zip codes. If you read up on the history of how this was developed, it kind of makes sense. It's based upon the typical scents found in a deer bedding area. The logic is similar to hunters in farm country that deliberately step into a fresh cow pie - this is part of a deer's environment, and they are used to the smell.

I've only used the EverCalm deer herd in the stick format. I've never tried their VS1 or any other scents, or any of their scents in aerosol cans. As others have said, I place it on the bottom of my rubber boots and try to work it into the deep pockets of the tread.

One thing you DO NOT want to do is store the deodorant type sticks in warm or hot areas for very long. It absolutely will melt, even if it is inside zip lock bags - ask me how I know. Storing inside zip lock bags though is really smart because it prevents the "calming scent" from becoming cross-contaminated with other scents.

As other's have said, this isn't an attractant. It's more of a cover scent.
I haven't tried the VS1 either. But I have been tempted since the Evercalm works so well. But I have never had much luck with doe in heat lures. And it does cost a pretty penny also. Not that it would matter to much on the cost since it's a one time a year buy. But I just stick with the Evercalm and has long has I do my part to minimize my scent has much has possible I have had great results.

Latest posts