Elwood's Shack - Memphis BBQ

TAFKAP

Yeah, someone did a write-up of it recently, and it looks good. I wsa going to stop in a couple weeks ago, but work happened. I'm really anxious to try their jalapeno slaw.

TAFKAP

Poser said:
I ate at the Gay Hawk the other day -George Ave and Danny Thomas.

Its a soul food buffet, $9.99 for lunch. Pretty darn good. Chicken was fried in Crisco. They also had beef liver and neckbones. The veggies were all really good as was the hot water cornbread, which is rare in Memphis. Peach Cobbler was excellent.
The sweet tea, much like Cozy Corner's is just stupid sweet, though.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... essee.html

Did they change the name? Or the sign?

I drove down that way a month or so ago, and never saw it

TAFKAP

rdwood said:
http://elwoodsshack.com/Home_Page.html

Anyone tried this place? I'm going to give it a shot this weekend.

I just went for lunch this afternoon. I got a small pork sandwich with "jalape�o" slaw. The meat was better than most, but not the best. Great flavor, but slightly soft (mealy even?) "Jalape�o" slaw was really close to Central BBQ's slaw, but with a little kick. I'd give them a solid 7 out of 10.

BigAl

I tried to go there for lunch today. Missed it the first time. On the 2nd pass I saw it, but was towing an 18 ft trailer and the parking didn't seem adequate, so I passed.

Went to BGR instead. Still think its one of the best burgers in town.

BigAl

Poser said:
BigAl said:
I tried to go there for lunch today. Missed it the first time. On the 2nd pass I saw it, but was towing an 18 ft trailer and the parking didn't seem adequate, so I passed.

Went to BGR instead. Still think its one of the best burgers in town.

Lowe's Parking Lot wasn't adequate?
Since I borrowed the trailer, I didn't want to chance someone trying to walk off with it.

Latest posts