Elk River Trout Questions

gecko7

Anyone fish the Elk for trout? If so, do you have any recommendations about time of year and best baits/lures? I'll be spin fishing. Thanks for any suggestions.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
gecko7":ftb93nnl said:
Anyone fish the Elk for trout? If so, do you have any recommendations about time of year and best baits/lures? I'll be spin fishing. Thanks for any suggestions.
Been fishing it since 1988. Most of the year night crawlers and corn work. 1/24 to 1/16 oz rooster tail in black, white, brown work for me. The key to what ever you use is use no higher than 6 lb test with 4 lb test being best. Use as little weight as possible, just enough to keep your bait bouncing along the bottom. The fish smart up quick and lighter line and weight is better. Fishing gets slower from late July thru September. Good fishing.

Back Home

Been fishing it since 2000. I"ll second everything the guy above said. I like to walk all the way down to the big bend and then down farther as far as you can walk the bank. My go-to is rainbow colored powerbait. A perfect day for me is a day of fishing the elk, then hit the races at night up in Winchester.

ad28

Back Home":18chmab3 said:
Been fishing it since 2000. I"ll second everything the guy above said. I like to walk all the way down to the big bend and then down farther as far as you can walk the bank. My go-to is rainbow colored powerbait. A perfect day for me is a day of fishing the elk, then hit the races at night up in Winchester.

The races are no more.

Latest posts