Elevated Shooting House?!

MuzzyMan12

Now that deer season is over I'm out doing some scouting and prep work for new stand locations for next year. We have a few locations on the property that would be excellent for elevated shooting houses. With my kids and wife showing more interest in the sport I need some stands to SAFELY hunt with them to keep their movement hidden as well as them out of the weather. I stress safely due to an accident that hit close to home earlier this year. My father-in-law fell from his stand due to a stand malfunction. I have done a bit of research on Google on DIY shooting houses but wanted to get the input of my fellow Tennessee Hunters. With that being said I am looking for PDF plans and ideas on putting 2-4 stands together for next year! Any advice or ideas on where to start or look would be greatly appreciated! If it would be easier PM me and I will give you my cell number and email address for ease of communication!

hitek7

I am currently drawing one up and plan on building 2-3 for the upcoming season. It will be built in 6 sections (4 walls, floor, and roof) at home and then these 6 sections will be joined in the field. I thought it would be easier for us to elevate the individual pieces instead of trying to elevate the whole thing at one time. Plus, I did not want to build in place so I would have the option of relocating.

Look in the materails section on craigslist and you can come across some fairly inexpensive items to build with.

DEER REPELLANT

Pm me and you can come to soddy daisy to see mine. It is not elevated but i mounted it onto a trailer, it is a 4x8. You can get a close look at what i did and if want it i would sell it.

Latest posts