Electronic callers?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have never used one myself but my old hunting partner has one that is pretty neat.
It has a wire speaker though, old one.

I am slightly considering buying one. I have always used my hand calls and like the mobility and lack of weight to deal with.

Got some Christmas money and gift cards though and I REALLY don't need another gun so I was kicking around the idea of buying a caller.

Any particular models that are better than others?

I assume FoxPro is the best brand?

scn

One thing to remember with the electronic caller is that it is illegal to shoot a fox that comes in to one. This is due to a state statute that dates back 30+ years when fox hides were over $100 at times.

If you are interested in shooting foxes as well as the yotes you would be legal with the hand calls (in most counties).

rem270

Just sold my Johnny Stewart and bought a FoxPro Spitfire from Copes. My buddy has one and its awesome.

Johnny Stewarts are good just like the cordless FoxPro and all the sounds.

Rockhound

scn said:
One thing to remember with the electronic caller is that it is illegal to shoot a fox that comes in to one. This is due to a state statute that dates back 30+ years when fox hides were over $100 at times.

If you are interested in shooting foxes as well as the yotes you would be legal with the hand calls (in most counties).

SCN is there any chance of getting that changed?

scn

Rockhound said:
scn said:

SCN is there any chance of getting that changed?

The state statute would have to be changed by the legislature. While it isn't as strong as it was when the statute was passed, the fox chasing side still has political influence. My guess is that it would be a hard sell to get it changed.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Have no desire to kill any fox, called in or otherwise. Decided to just stick with what has worked for a long time anyway.
Especially after seeing how proud they are of their callers. :)

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I have had primos,flextone, and three high end fox pros in the last 3 years and I find my self putting more fat in hand calls. The fox pros are nice and work but my hand calls are considerably more productive for me.

Latest posts