Electric vs Gas Pressure Washers

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

I am in the market for one for my house. Ill mostly use it to clean the mildew off my vinyl siding and clean driveways and deck. The electric one are much cheaper but am I better off to pay the extra money and buy a gas powered one? Amazon has this one on sale for super cheap. I thought it might be worth a shot for $80

https://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-1700- ... e=UTF8#Ask

Kimber45

Kimber45

We have an electric and a gas. The gas one has a hose that doesn’t kink easy and has well over double the PSI, so it’s what I always use. My son uses his electric to wash under wheel wells of his truck etc and it does ok.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
In the long run gas power are far better.

You can get a good one with a Honda motor at Sam's for a good price.

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

Electric is convenient but can’t hold a candle to the pressure of the gas motors. You may not need a lot of pressure to clean things but more pressure will 1/2 your cleaning time. A customer of mine was washing his driveway with a small pressure washer the other day and it was painful to watch. I was tempted to go get mine to let him use.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

We use both almost everyday where I work. I am here to tell you that until you get in the $400 range of electrics you can forget it. We have been through a dozen of the $100 ones from Lowes. They are good for cleaning your lawnmower but will not do a good job on decks, etc... They burn up easy and no one will repair them. Can't think of the model but we have a Northern Tool one that was around $500 that has been repaired by the manufacturer. It does what we want but we need electric for use inside a building.

Save another hundred and buy a gas one.

J

JKC

Stay away from the electric one. Go with the gas one. I know the electric ones comes with a GFCI but if it fails you could die.

catman529

catman529

Would you rather drive a Nissan Leaf or a Nissan Titan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TN Whitetail Freak

TN Whitetail Freak

I just bough a Honda pressure washer guy fired it up for me and I thought well I'll take it. Didn't think to have him hook water to it and check spray pressure. Got back home and the thing wouldn't blow ashes out of a fire pit. So I'm stuck with a useless 5.5hp honda washer

W

wlf89

never run a p-w without water, also always have the trigger pulled on wand if engine is running.

U

Urban_Hunter

Depends on what kind of electric you're talking about. If you're talking about a sub $400 one then no, I wouldn't touch one. However I have used a 3 phase 220v one that would etch concrete...

T

TNTreeman

Supporter
Gas with Honda engine. Don't let it sit without running it . Only use non ethanol gas and if it's not run regularly add stabil. Shouldn't have problems if you do this.