Elec. worm digger

Slaughter-06

When I was a kid my neighbor took the rubber watchamacallit out of an old type writer the hard black rubber thing the paper rest on when the type hits it. He cut the rubber off the steal rod that goes through the center about half way.
Then he taped one side on an extension cord to the top of the rod sticking out the other end.
and taped up the other wire. when you pluged it in we would stick it in the ground and slowly pull it out if you could not feel it vibrating we would unplug the cord and flip it over and plug it back in ( back before the days of one side of a plug being bigger then the other )
Then just wait. in no time everyworm in a 6' to 8' radius would shoot out of the ground after picking them all up we would move over and do again. it wasn't long before we did not have any more worms in our yard ;)
I need to find me an old type writer and make me one again.

brmaster

He only used that pc because it had the rubber on it to keep you from getting shocked when you turn the power on
I have seen people use copper rod and wrap with tape or even seen using a bicycle handle grip and cutting it to fit.

pressfit

At one time a company made and sold these things.. some people were talking about it on another board.. apparently one or two people got electrocuted and they quit selling them

catman529

I've heard the worms won't live very long after being shocked so I haven't tried it yet. It would be fine if you use em up right away.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
catman529 said:
I've heard the worms won't live very long after being shocked so I haven't tried it yet. It would be fine if you use em up right away.
Not sure what 110vac does to them 12vdc for a short period never a killed a worm for me.Did it many times,and got 1000,s of worms.

Slaughter-06

catman529 said:

Worms lived just fine, it don't shock um like said above the vib runs them up and out of the ground.

Latest posts