Eastern TN RUT

DRSJ35

What's everyone's observations on this end of the state. Are they chasing doe's or following. Are the mature bucks 3.5 or older even getting roused up. Are the youngsters getting going. I know it's been a bit here and there. Just checking on the bust wide open type of RUT. Has it happened already or about to. Thanks fellas

Volbuck777

I've always said our rut doesn't get going till after the first full week of December but they got going a little last week and foiled me. But I think we've yet to see 3.5 and older rut very much.

ETN Deer

Hunted Blount County today and the last two weeks. Seen a dandy chasing about 1100 today. He was wide open and offered no shot. Every other buck has been young and trolling. I'm thinking(hoping) the best is yet to come.

ShieldsOutdoors

I live and mainly hunt in Blount. My uncle killed a mature 8 point last weekend in Blount. He said it was chasing. Another guy I know killed a mature buck yesterday in Loudon. It was chasing too. Sometime between last night to today there were two dead does on the side of the road within half a mile of my house in Blount, I checked both to see if the meat was any good (it wasn't since I came across them midday). Also, had a doe run out in front of me at 12 o'clock today within a mile of my house. It definitely seems like it has been on and is still on at least in my area. Hunted all day yesterday and will hunt again tomorrow.

SPickle

What's everyone's observations on this end of the state. Are they chasing doe's or following. Are the mature bucks 3.5 or older even getting roused up. Are the youngsters getting going. I know it's been a bit here and there. Just checking on the bust wide open type of RUT. Has it happened already or about to. Thanks fellas
Saw a spike at 9:30 today on a allday sit. Nothing yesterday, nothing in the last 4 days after work. Saw more and passed more during archery season.

Stalkhunter

Seen no chasing in Claiborne, I hunt the whole two weeks of muzzle load. Rifle opener and this past Friday and Saturday. Just seeing small doe and young spikes and buttons.
Strange season for me so far. I killed one nice buck. 1 doe so far.

MUP

Yesterday, I missed a good buck that was following a doe, maybe tending her even. They were very slow moving, and holding my rifle up free hand for so long had consequences when I tried to take a shot while shaking and weak. Regardless, it's on in SE TN on my place.

DRSJ35

Yesterday, I missed a good buck that was following a doe, maybe tending her even. They were very slow moving, and holding my rifle up free hand for so long had consequences when I tried to take a shot while shaking and weak. Regardless, it's on in SE TN on my place.
Dang it mup hope you get another chance but sounds promising anyway.

Winchester

Ive hunted most every day since Nov 6th and our Rut here in East TN has been the best I maybe ever remember in the last 35 yrs. First buck I saw actually locked down tending a doe was on Nov 12. Which is at least a week earlier than most any year I can remember in the past. Hunting has been phenomenal with literally deer running all over the place. From does to young bucks to many mature bucks all up on their feet during daylight, exhibiting every type of rutting behavior. This is one season I wont forget!!

CrossVolle

Rut here in ET is so weird. The bucks are just now starting to show interest in the does around my farm. Happens like this every year. But you could go a few miles down the road and have already missed it i would say.

DRSJ35

Tough so far in Greene county. With no serious business going on that I have seen. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

DRSJ35

I'm at the disgusted phase of the rut. Where I'm not seeing anything. And I'm tired of freezing and not seeing any hard core activity. Haven't even killed a deer yet. Greene county use to be one of the best in East Tn years ago. Now it's maybe one of the worst.

Latest posts