EAST TN REPORT

DRSJ35

Whats everybody think about the RUT on this side of the state.I have seen it personally last few years get Good the first 2 week's of December.Hope its the same this year.Small bucks is all i seen up to this point.

remmag

I've been in the woods the last 10 days
Bucks were chasing good around thanksgiving
Things have cooled off
But I did see one buck chasing a doe this am
Week end after thanks giving had 4 bucks chasing does where I was in one morning
Good luck

Life at 20'

Well up until about 7 days ago I had seen NO rutting action period! That all changed last Sunday evening, at 5:10 I saw a big doe cruising slowly across the side of a ridge about 90 yards from me, and then after she disappeared into the woods, I saw a BIG bodied, dark chocolate body, with his nose to the ground. He was definitely following her, I counted at least 8 points thru the bino's. I'm now a believer that the rut has started in East Tenn. That buck is the largest that Ive seen in East Tenn, and I've got Wed and Thursday off and I'm going to hunt daylite to dark and since I Bow hunt only, I hope ole big boy gets close..
Also I've seen very few rubs.

Coldfusion

Life at 20'":3rwwy66g said:
Well up until about 7 days ago I had seen NO rutting action period! That all changed last Sunday evening, at 5:10 I saw a big doe cruising slowly across the side of a ridge about 90 yards from me, and then after she disappeared into the woods, I saw a BIG bodied, dark chocolate body, with his nose to the ground. He was definitely following her, I counted at least 8 points thru the bino's. I'm now a believer that the rut has started in East Tenn. That buck is the largest that Ive seen in East Tenn, and I've got Wed and Thursday off and I'm going to hunt daylite to dark and since I Bow hunt only, I hope ole big boy gets close..
Also I've seen very few rubs.
Better post photos if you get him. Sounds like a good one. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Btsmith2416

Sunday was crazy. First real time I can say I've witnessed rut activity in Jefferson. A lot of big ones been showing up on Facebook this week. Seems like every year I've noticed more activity from thanksgiving on into December a little ways more than any other time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winchester

Winding down here but did see 2 different 2 yr olds still pestering does over wknd. Things have calmed considerably however from just 5 -7 days ago.
Pretty much without fail we kill our best bucks and see or best daylight activity here from Nov 15- Dec 1 with it peaking around Nov 22rd most yrs.

Latest posts