East Tennessee Reports?

Luckybuck16

Seen 2 small bucks browsing acorns this morning. This evening had 2 different bucks [1 shooter] chasing does . The weather and rut are gonna go well together I believe . Very slow morning tho. The scrapes have dried up on my farm. Hope my target bucket shows himself soon. Good luck

DRSJ35

i think it might be starting up.I seen a nice 6 thursday morning nose to the ground and he was on the hunt.maybe some more doe's coming in.

Life at 20'

Hopefully things in East Tenn are getting ramped up. Last Sunday I got in the woods at 6am, when it got light I looked around to be sure I didn't have one slip in on me. Nothing , so I picked up the grunt call and blew it 3 times, and set it down. About 10 mins later I am looking down the creek that I my stand sits on and all I see is the back half of a deer jumping the 12' creek. I start thinking that aint no doe running to the call, so I get the bow in hand. There is a small field that is about 40 yards away which is separated by a small strip of trees between me and the field. Then out he steps and its a hoss! A big ole wide 10 pointer and he is looking around. He starts walking away from me, so I hit the grunt tube 1 time, and he stops and looks back where I'm at. He starts walking to his left which takes him away from me, so I hit the grunt tube again and he turns and starts coming right too me. He gets in that small strip of trees between me and the field and needs to take about 6 steps and then he's mine at 30 yards. But he stops right at the edge and begins walking thru the trees away from me. I hit the grunt tube again and he turns his head but then continues walking away and I watch his disappear. I sure hope and pray I get another opportunity at him. Its the biggest buck I've seen on my property...

TreyB

I went yesterday morning. Found two scrapes cleaned out and a huge rub over the big one. Spot was covered with fresh rubs and sign but I didn't see anything.

DRSJ35

It use to start thanksgiving weekend.Last 3 years it seem's to have been the first 3 week's in December.Not sure what the change is about.But that's my in the field observation so you can't deny that.

DRSJ35

greene county isnt to far from there.Those fellas was sure rutting.cool video glad you got be there for that.It go's on here in east tn on and off until after season.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I didn't see it in person DRS, wife showed it to me on her facebook page. I just thought I'd pass it along.

JKC

I seen a lot of doe and small bucks Sunday morning without any chasing. But about 12:00 I seen a spike,8point and a 9point chasing a doe. Shot the 9point about 1:00 or so. Sullivan co.

Winchester

Watched that video last night and its very cool, would have liked to see that one in person. Things have definitely been lil behind and are stringing along much later than normal here in our area of East TN. Most yrs its over and done with for the most part by Dec 1'st.

HunterVol1143

I saw chasing two weeks ago by multiple bucks and killed my biggest buck to date as he was following the scent of a hot doe. Rutting action appears to be slowing down considerably on my properties now.

ca9e6fc1ed21cf50c9c2c12e6711b4c2.jpg

casjoker

In Knox County they were chasing was back around Nov 12-15. Haven't seen much action lately. I do have a buck on camera Nov 30 definitely chasing a doe. Have another pick from yesterday with a decent 6 at 10:42 am, a doe came through on the same trail at 10:37. The second rut may be starting? I have seen them chasing as late as Christmas several different years in the Knox County area.

Jaybo2728

I was out in Sullivan co this morning til 11am. Seen 4pt chasing doe hard, 15 min later decent 6 came on same trail nose to ground. Unfortunately nothing bigger came through. I think 2nd rut definitely started here though.

Life at 20'

Ok guys, well I hunted the last 2 days hard and saw 1 doe in 2 days. I just don't get it, where are all the bucks that I had on camera and even the spikes that I've let walk since the season began? This is a head scratcher for sure, its like they've vanished all together. I've even moved camera's around and in 2 weeks I've got 1 doe and 1 small 4 pointer on camera.
Anyone else seeing anything?
I'm in Cocke County...