East Side Rivers?

BDS05

Myself and a few other guys are looking to plan a trip to the eastside soon in hopes of a little trout fishing. Unfortunately, none of us have any idea about the rivers that way.
Curious if I could get a few suggestions?
We're looking for something like the Caney. (cold, clean, shallow, great scenary and atleast descent fishing)

Diehard Hunter

Hit the clinch, starting at Norris dam and working downstream. Be sure to check the generation schedule before you go.

stik

will you be in a boat or wading? clinch, holston(below cherokee dam) and hundreds of miles of trout in the smokies.

BDS05

stik said:
will you be in a boat or wading? clinch, holston(below cherokee dam) and hundreds of miles of trout in the smokies.
Wading. This is usually an annual trip elsewhere but we've picked up another body and don't feel like fooling with the boat.
And thanks for the input. I'll check those two out.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Check out the Hiwassee. Big mountain river with rock and gravel bottom. It is just east of US 411 in Polk County. Good year round fishing. You can wade or float. Pretty good acess-lots of it runs thru the Cherokee National Forest. Check generation schedule on TVA website. Also check TWRA regs...special regs apply to certain areas of the river.

stik

be you wading, another option is tellico/citico but they can be quite crowded and a daily permit is required unless you have sptsmns lic.

if you don't mind small fish, the are numerous small streams in the cherokee national forest where you can get away from the people.