Early Signing Day tomorrow for Recruits

TeamMainStreet

Butch had this recuiting class wrapped up and done all but 2 or 3 spots left for big targets months ago. Pruitt came in and evaluated who was committed and what he needed and cut a lot of Butchs recruits loose. He has done a pretty good job in the two weeks hes been the coach recruiting wise considerering the time frame and the mess he stepped into. He is filling holes with this class and I have to believe his talent evaluation and ability to develop these players is light years ahead of Butch.

Also, these are not the final standings. There is over a month to go. Anything can happen.

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":26um26lg said:
Butch had this recuiting class wrapped up and done all but 2 or 3 spots left for big targets months ago. Pruitt came in and evaluated who was committed and what he needed and cut a lot of Butchs recruits loose. He has done a pretty good job in the two weeks hes been the coach recruiting wise considerering the time frame and the mess he stepped into. He is filling holes with this class and I have to believe his talent evaluation and ability to develop these players is light years ahead of Butch.

Also, these are not the final standings. There is over a month to go. Anything can happen.

Mullen can in and did the same... Corral and a few other kids that "decommitted "....

THEdonkey0515

some are bringing up the thoughts of a top 12-10 finish in recruiting rankings. I personally don't see it, and I'm fine with a class inside top 20. with all the crap that happened I think most Vol fans will ne happy with this class.

"Okay, so this is definitely a stretch. And maybe it's better to focus on the 15 to 20 range rather than the Top 10. However, Tennessee football jumped in the Rivals rankings from outside of the Top 60 on in the Top 30 based on one day of recruiting commitments.

The early signing period worked out flawlessly for Jeremy Pruitt. And he was nailing these recruits without fully putting his staff together while also having to still focus on coaching the Alabama Crimson Tide through the College Football Playoff. Oh, he also had to evaluate some of the recruits already committed, turn away some, and start from scratch. So he's had a lot to do."

"Now, with the Vols benefitting drastically from the early signing period, Pruitt can focus on other big names. And when National Signing Day arrives in February, he'll have made a lot more of an impact on the top guys still available".

Who are those top guys?

Well, Pruitt is targeting a plethora of elite guys. Five-star cornerback Isaac Taylor, four-star outside linebacker JJ Peterson, and four-star wide receiver Jacob Copeland are all interested in him. In all three cases, Tennessee football's biggest threat could be the Alabama Crimson Tide.

And that's actually good news because there's a chance that their interest in Alabama is due to their interest in Pruitt.

On top of that, though, the Vols have a couple of other very solid junior college targets at offensive line. Tennessee football is a clear favorite to land three-star JuCo lineman Jahmir Johnson, and they are significantly in the running for three-star JuCo lineman Johncarlo Valentin.

Remember that Valentin was once a four-star committed to the Oklahoma Sooners. So he has to have talent.

And finally, the Vols are in serious play for four-star cornerback Oalijah Griffin. Griffin is currently committed to the UCLA Bruins. However, he took a visit to Rocky Top this past weekend and went to the Tennessee-North Carolina game. There's no reason to believe that, despite his commitment, the Vols don't have a chance.

After all, Griffin hasn't signed yet. So he is seriously in play. That's four elite prospects and two very good junior college prospects still on the board.

And on top of all that, the Vols still are in play for plenty of other solid three-star recruits. Taking all this into account, why is it crazy to think Pruitt couldn't get a Top 10 class? It's not a big deal if he doesn't. But he worked wonders in less than two weeks on the job for Tennessee football.

There's no telling what he could do in a month and a half. No matter what happens, Pruitt has now at least stabilized this recruiting class. And that spells good news for the Vols going forward. But he might be able to do more than just stabilize it now.

PillsburyDoughboy

UF and Georgia are going to be some Powerhouses in the SEC and give Saban some competition next season. I love it.

TreyB

PillsburyDoughboy":12yq122w said:
UF and Georgia are going to be some Powerhouses in the SEC and give Saban some competition next season. I love it.
May take UF a couple years. UGA is definitely loading up. Mullen is working it though. Won't be long at this rate. Him having the success at MSU and the grind he went through there. Should be a little easier with only having UGA to contend with right away.

Scioto

Couldn't help but go to Mgoblog and read about Ohio State's 5 star whiffs. Funny stuff. Even with the whiffs, current #2 class and highest per player avg. UGA had a killer day. Sorry to see Cox sign elsewhere, but a good kid and he did it the right way. Same for Jones, but I think he looked at the Ohio State QB room (as well as Bama's) and realized he was going to be third or fourth team for the next couple of years, barring any transfers. But another good kid and the Gators got a good one. I was also almost hoping for his flip, as I'm hoping with Haskins or Burrow (and the TX QB they got who is pro style) Urban evolves his offense from the run-heavy QB focus to more pro style spread.

I was surprised, but actually very happy, to see Carman not sign with Ohio State. I don't ever recall an O lineman who was a diva. Those guys should be big uglies, not divas. Good luck with that one William. Thank goodness Parsons and his entourage went to Happy Valley. Shows Urban learned something from his days in Gainesville.

Urban said he's got two others that signed but want to wait to announce at the Army All American game so don't celebrate too soon Dawg fans.

Mullen is killing it too. There are some health issues with Grimes' family. He went on leave of absence this past semester and wanted to be closer to home. Another good kid and wish him the best. Dawgs and Gators are really going to be challenging Bama, but one is already there.

Latest posts