Eagle Creek WMA

Wanderer

Looking at heading up to Wayne county this year and looking for advice. How does Eagle Creek WMA look this year. Only photos I can find are from 2015. Those made me think I'll need a pair of binoculars as open as it was. Grew up in Hardin co. going towards Clifton, so I know it's rugged. Thanks.

BULL MOOSE

I always loved that hunt because they had a nonqouta rifle hunt during like the third week in October and maybe week after...it was awesome. I once drove all the way from Washington DC and brought a Northern VA friend to hunt too. Well, about 200 yards after parking the truck and walking in along a logging road in a fresh 500 acre clear cut....a small fork horn was standing in front of us at about 60 yards...I shot him and he dropped in his tracks....I left the poor guy there while I took the deer to a processor in Ethrdige. He might as well have been on the moon! We had a great trip though even though we did not see anymore bucks.

I drove through Eagle Creek a few years ago and it is not the same place it was in 1995!

Gobbler88

The last time I was out there was in early April. Lots of clear cutting going on out there then, but there's still a lot of places with thick cover.

Latest posts