duck ?

southernhunter

i am a deer hunter and have never given much thought to duck hunting but this year one of our farms is loaded with ducks. i sat in the shooting house and watched them smim by on sevral mornings. they are mallards i guess some are brown the others had a green head white and black bodies the best i can remember. theres a small creek that floods and holds water when we have a lot of rain. it runs through a low area with a opening thats 15 acres in size. i could easily sit in the shooting house and shoot them as they swim by on the creek "lol" not sure if they would be much sport in that though. i googled the season and it looks to be open til the end of the month here in lincoln county ? i hold a tennessee life time license not sure if there is any othe stamp i have to buy for ducks ? . i know theres some hard core duck hunters on here and i was just wanting to get a little feed back and thoughts on the situation. they tell me they had ducks years ago and the shooting house is sitting where the old duck bind use to be but they cleaned up the area and it now only holds water in the creek area. either way i saw at least 30 to 50 ducks in there on several mornings during deer season. i wouldnt care anything about killing alot but thought it might be fun to try and get a few if they are legal and season is still open. thanks

Grizzly Johnson

If you have a lifetime license...... you need the migratory bird permit (free with the license) and a Federal Duck Stamp..... must use steel shot or other non-toxic shells. If you want more info or questions, you can PM me and I might can help you more. If you need shells, I have some I would give you if you want to give it a try..... not sure where in Lincoln Co you are.

scn

Grizzly Johnson":30m412si said:
If you have a lifetime license...... you need the migratory bird permit (free with the license) and a Federal Duck Stamp..... must use steel shot or other non-toxic shells. If you want more info or questions, you can PM me and I might can help you more. If you need shells, I have some I would give you if you want to give it a try..... not sure where in Lincoln Co you are.

Actually if he has a TN Lifetime license, he is exempt from the Migratory Bird Permit.

He would need the Federal Duck Stamp.

Grizzly Johnson

scn":1mlktjnw said:
Grizzly Johnson":1mlktjnw said:

Actually if he has a TN Lifetime license, he is exempt from the Migratory Bird Permit.

He would need the Federal Duck Stamp.

Good to know..... I don't have a lifetime license (can't afford it)..... when I buy my yearly sportsman license, I have to be sure to ask that the Migratory Bird permit be added to it....