Duck Hunters are the most “In Shape” Hunters

Displaced_Vol

I have a lot of drive time every week. I listen to a lot of podcasts and a lot of them are hunting related. When in the hell did duck hunters start running everything? What calls you running? What gun you running? What shells you running in that gun? What waders you running & are you actually running in whatever waders you running? I was taught not to play in traffic but plenty of these dudes are running traffic! That's a lot of cardio & this is a slight pet peeve of mine if you couldn't tell.

Dodge Man

Running traffic as in setting up and hunting birds flying over a location has been around as long as I can remember. For sure 25+ years, it is used mostly in goose hunting conversations. But I know people talking about using it in duck hunting. I have heard people talking about running a duck call. But the rest I don't think are very common. You must have been listening to The Fowl Life Podcast.

TimberMan

These types of comments instantly make me think of prostaff stickers, a group setting up 50 yards from me, and sitka is the best will probably be in the conversation somewhere. I understand the term running traffic but most the time I here it being said by folks setting up randomly hoping something comes by. As far as shells and guns, I think people forgot what grandaddy killed more ducks than they have even seen with. It is a bragging show equivalent to how deer hunters brag more about what they let walk than they harvested. Lastly, the only running a call most should be doing is running it back to the truck to leave it there. A 14 note highball isn't required for every duck in sight.

prstide

These types of comments instantly make me think of prostaff stickers, a group setting up 50 yards from me, and sitka is the best will probably be in the conversation somewhere. I understand the term running traffic but most the time I here it being said by folks setting up randomly hoping something comes by. As far as shells and guns, I think people forgot what grandaddy killed more ducks than they have even seen with. It is a bragging show equivalent to how deer hunters brag more about what they let walk than they harvested. Lastly, the only running a call most should be doing is running it back to the truck to leave it there. A 14 note highball isn't required for every duck in sight.
This is funny and true but will attest to the quality of Sitka gear.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I prefer using softer quacks and whistles to high balling. I'll freely admit that I am not the greatest caller in the world, but some of the strangest sounding and worst duck calls I've ever heard wound up being real ducks, so I just use what I've got and try not to offend too much. In the few years I've been hunting waterfowl, soft and low has worked and finished more ducks than high balling for our bunch of folks.

Latest posts