Duck Hunt Guides Posted

WilcoKen

F0C8C9B8-2E5B-42DA-9750-5F6BA5F44D9B.png

Why would TWRA post these? I think I know why but help me understand more.

rsimms

Why would TWRA post these? I think I know why but help me understand more.
I think just some effort to try and (A) appease some of the folks dissatisfied with the new drawing system, (B) facilitate folks who didn't get drawn getting some opportunity to hunt and (C) make up for the faux pas in the drawing. Regardless of the reason, I think it's a good thing. Of course my immediate response (and e-mail to Ex. Director Bobby Wilson) was, "Why don't you do the same thing for fishing guides?" His response was, "Good point." We'll see if there is ever any follow-through?

drake799

Chris Nischan is on the Board of Directors for TWFC.He also drew a good blind at Reelfoot

drake799

I guess. Says from Davidson county on the blind drawing sheet I have. Everyone was cryin wolf when it came out he drew a blind in the first place. They really will now when they find out he's a guide LOL

cmn

I find it very interesting that very few, if any, Reelfoot guides are on that list. You know there are a TON of them there. I wonder why they're not listed?
TWRA asked if any duck hunting guides wanted to list their names to help in case people had blinds and wanted one. They DID NOT automatically put a name on. the list

Smashdn

If I had my own blind, why would I need a guide?
Think the info is intended for the tier 2 and tier 3 deals where someone is drawn but doesn't have the stuff to get to or hunt the blind effectively. Which is actually pretty laughable imo. If you can't get yourself to the blind that is your business and not the place of twra to make matchmaker with a private business to get you a better hunt than you could get on your own.

cmn

I don't think it was an inside job I just think the entire thing was a REALLY bad idea, VERY poorly executed and TOTALLY not needed to begin with.

I also think the hunters were ignored and was a done deal before we ever heard about it.
Ruger I will not attempt to change your mind but I know for a fact it was not a "done" deal ahead of time. More who wanted the changes and or more who were for change expressed their opinions

WilcoKen

you would be surprised the number of people who contact me to learn more or new tactics for where they hunt. I have guided clubs, leases and public for over 30 years.... Not for everyone
All over the state or just west TN?

Latest posts